[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suffer from a condition where I believe everyone in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Nicky.jpg (71 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
Nicky.jpg
71 KB, 560x415
I suffer from a condition where I believe everyone in my life is being nice to me, or befriends me out of pity. Literally everyone in my life. It makes it nearly impossible for me to trust people. Anyone have any ideas what that is called. Like a term for the mental condition.
>>
>>16934128
you are a realist ?
>>
first world problems gentlemen.
>>
>>16934128
It's called being spoiled, while having a low self-esteem and virtually no confidence.
>>
OMG I have this! I think everyone is being nice because they are trying to trick me. Especially when a guy is nice I think he's just fucking me in order to hurt me later.
>>
Friends who empathize with you are the best kind of friends. They typically genuinely care about you. With the economy being shit, it's becoming more and more common for people to commiserate.
That distrust you feel is because they do want something from you, they want you to empathize with them in return.
There are highs and lows, because they try and be supportive of you, and it drains their batteries. At that point they need you to be supportive of them and give back until they recharge their batteries.
This give and take is a little bumpy but it works. Where codependency becomes a problem is when you have a giver and a taker who never gives back.
I don't believe you're a taker, but I barely know you. Maybe this explanation will help you to see what's happening, and recognize when your friends need your support, or help you find limits and ways to be less draining on each other- quick recharging. Maybe make it easier to see if they hurt you intentionally, or if they really didn't mean to.

"A grief shared, is half the grief.
A joy shared, is twice the joy"
>>
Low self esteem
Social anxiety
Delusions

In order of severity
>>
Low confidence and self esteem

Find what's valuable about yourself, you can't think of anything? Then improve yourself. It's that simple
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.