[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mother wants to die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1286776504947.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1286776504947.png
3 KB, 184x172
Sup /adv/

I currently live with my alcoholic mother who has had some rough times lately, and has been constantly drunk for over a week today.
She has fallen multiple times when i'm at work/school, and been taken to the hospital twice to be checked out already.
Today she is complaining that her insides feel wet and was coughing, which sounds like a collapsing lung or something. But the problem is she is very hostile toward the idea of hospital and admitted she will refuse help and wants to just be left alone.

I want to ask what you would do in this situation, if you would try and help, maybe call an ambulance if she starts to pass out or something from the pain, or follow her wishes of just wanting to die.

Do I have any legal obligations to help her? Will I get in trouble for not getting her to the hospital or seeking help, even if she doesn't want it?
I don't want her to die, but she is convinced right now that this might be the end and does not want anyone to help her.
>>
File: A7wbu3Bn.jpg (816 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
A7wbu3Bn.jpg
816 KB, 1920x1200
>>16930270

damn anon, that sounds tough.

If she doesn't want help there's nothing you can do, unless it's a situation where she is obviously seriously injured or in trouble. I wouldn't worry about legal trouble, especially if she's just talking about painful coughing.

In the mean time all you can really do is encourage her to seek help.

Is it just you two at home?
>>
>>16930270
That is some serious shit anon. You should talk to her, don't regret not speaking to her.
>>
>>16930319
Connection error in chrome so i'll tl;dr the long response I was going to make

Just me and her right now, been trying to get her off alcohol for over 6 years, stopped her from homelessness twice and got her to rehab last year. Right now she is on a 2 week list for rehab, which I honestly don't think she will make it to this time.

>>16930352
We talk, but she is a person who always keeps secrets, whether its feelings or events etc.
If she dies as a result of what is happening now the only regret I have is that i'm not a doctor myself/didn't look into alcoholism as much as I should have, and can't help her further.
>>
Just admitted to me this might be the end and she was crying for her mother (deceased).
Also being a bit selfish saying because I don't believe in god I can't help her.

I don't expect anyone to help further at this point, just venting, but im gonna let her sleep and drown out the feelings with video games.
>>
>>16930503
tell a white lie and say you do believe in god, if you truly care about your mother and it seems like you do then you would be willing to lie.
>>
>>16930270
For her own safety she needs to have medical care forced on her. Find out how you can commit her to a medical facility against her will.
>>
Did she say she's trying to kill herself? Because if so you can call 911 and have them force her to go to the hospital. Of course that's only a temporary solution.
>>
>>16930503

If she truly believed in God and the words of the Bible, she would honor life instead of drinking till her body gives out. Perhaps these words and those below will help.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received of God? . . . . Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19, NIV).

“Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper” (Proverbs 23:31, NIV).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.