[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother is bipolar and denies to receive treatment. She's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: wallhaven-174156.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-174156.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
My mother is bipolar and denies to receive treatment. She's at the stage when she cries for no reason, or starts yelling for almost anything and gets triggered super fast. She can't be rationalized and worse, she now claims everything she says is 100% fact, which is not because she also tends to forget a lot of stuff.

My father agrees with me and my sister but he's pretty submissive and I think part on what made it worse was due to dad just letting her roll, since he would do anything to calm then, and let her do whatever.

Anyhow, is there a way I can get her treatment before she goes to the path of no return? At least an psychologist appointment would be good, my dad suggested me to have an argument with him, and him telling me I should go to a psychiatrist (which my mom always suggest since I never agree to what she says and thinks I hate her), and tell the psychiatrist before hand to pretend she's treating me but instead treating my mother.

Does it sound good? This is really breaking the family, and man we all want to get this fixed.
>>
You can't "fix" other people's behavior, ever.

Most I can recommend is getting family therapy even if it doesn't involve her; the rest of you (you, dad, sis) might be able to cope better.

But do NOT, I repeat NOT, expect to ever to change against her will. It will just make her more stubborn, I assure you from personal experience.
>>
>>16929585

But the doctor we inquired about it told us that the best way to fix her behaviour is through an intervention or an indiret approach, but if you're talking from experience I guess we have to think about it.

Thanks.
>>
>>16929597
Well, I'm not a professional. I'm flattered you're going with my opinion, but he has incomparably more experience with these things.

Now, he could be a shitty shrink (and there's tons of those), so at least consider a family therapist without her. You three might be at least able to sort things out between each other and help each other out better. (I think the pro term is "support network".
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.