[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I unable to comprehend or remember pages that I have just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: person_reading_table.jpg (51 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
person_reading_table.jpg
51 KB, 507x338
Why am I unable to comprehend or remember pages that I have just read? If I'm quizzed on the details or even the general ideas of what I just read, I'm unable to answer correctly. I don't know why it's taken me this long to discover this. It's probably because all reading comprehension tests I've taken at a high school level and lower have all had the reading material present when answering the questions about the material, so I could just scan the material for the answer to each question. I need to figure out what's wrong with me before I consider college, because this seems like a major impairment.

If I'm, for example, reading up on a programming problem, I'm able to comprehend what I'm reading, although very slowly, because I already have some context and understanding of the basic ideas behind what I'm reading. But, if I'm reading completely new material (right now I'm trying to read "A Mind For Numbers" by Barbara Oakley), it flies right over my head. I can read a page and then ask myself what I just read, and I have no idea.

Does this sound familiar to anybody here and if so have you been diagnosed with something?
>>
File: image.jpg (835 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
835 KB, 2448x2448
Happens to me, when I read history, it takes me a while to actually process and understand the info.
>>
>>16929337
SQ3R
>>
>>16929337
You might just be stupid. If you don't understand what you read, you won't remember it. You can probably compensate by working harder. Good luck.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.