[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GF recently just got into debt, i usually try to give her advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: duck-square_1024x1024.jpg (369 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
duck-square_1024x1024.jpg
369 KB, 1024x1024
GF recently just got into debt, i usually try to give her advice but she rarely listens. Keep in mind she makes 1400 dollars a month after taxes and she doesn't pay rent. Because her rent is covered by her work along with her food which is made for her but she chooses to buy organic vegan food just recently.
Past 3 months

>1. Becomes vegetarian
>2. Buys used 1k motorcycle (advised her it >would be expensive to ride it safely and keep >it maintained)
>3. Got a Dog ( told her they are expensive >and the price of just food will ad up fast)
>4. bought all new motorcycle gear
>5. got a horrible half sleeve tattoo of Mt. >rainier and some random trees with no leafs >which she tries to show off but nobody cares >about. always tries to show it off for >complements never gets any. People she >even calls friends and coworkers all tell me >how horrible the tattoo is and i agree about >the quality of it but obviously don't agree with >talking about it behind her back. Advised her >to wait to get it and really think about the >design. She shows up to the parlor and dude >lost the design she sent him and he just >made her google something right then and >there and got it tattoo'd. keep in mind all her >tattoos are random. I just try to get her to >think do you really want THIS design you just >thought about for 4 months on you forever? >she wants a TV show symbol on her whole >forearm
>6. still has phone bills of 22 dollars a month >which is 3 months over due
>7. owes me for dog rent, and license along >with paying for license plate for motorcycle.

I don't have money to loan her since i'm moving this month into a townhome and need all the money i can get

She recently just asked her parents for money to help her pay for her debt and will pay back.

What you think i should tell her? i was thinking the following

This is part of being grown up like everyone else pay off the debt over time and stop asking your parents for a bail out, even though u have to pay them back.
>>
>>16927455
She's a woman, you can't tell then anything and if you do they'll just regret you for it, just dump her
>>
Forgot to mention debt is around 2.5k. She is only wanting a bailout so she can get her tv show anti posession tattoo (from tv show supernatural) on her forearm this summer. I told her you have to learn the hard way its part of being an adult just learn from it instead of taking the easy way out and wasting money on things that don't matter like random tattoo's. She's 21 JS im 24

Not anti tattoo but you have no college, no education, might lose your job and your just spending money on things that wont advance you in life. is my point
>>
>>16927466
Dude, you're more mature than she is, you can try to explain what you're planning on but it's going to backfire, thats why I said to dump her because it can only get worse from here
>>
>>16927472
This, give up on her. You don't have to make up for her dad's shortcomings.
>>
>>16927455
Don't pay for anything for her. Cut her off no matter how much she begs. Just say oh I don't have my debit card.
>>
this is dump-tier money sense

you really see yourself taking on the responsibility of paying for all her stuff in the future?
>>
File: 1449318956719.png (50 KB, 753x689) Image search: [Google]
1449318956719.png
50 KB, 753x689
It's only been 6 months she doesn't have access to my money I just want to give some good advise without sounding like I'm trying to control the situation. But also make her grow up and stop relying on her parents as a fall back when she fails.
>>
>>16927675
The problem is that she sounds so immature that any advice you give she will probably take as you being controlling. Even for 21 she is completely irresponsible and she's doing some serious damage to her credit and financial state that (at this rate) will take her years and years just to fix. She's most likely not going to see that until the damage is done (more so than it already is).

Fuck that mess, you're 24 about to move into a townhouse. You got something going on for yourself, don't let her drag you down with her.
>>
You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped and you shouldn't date people in the hope that they change. What you see is what you get. You should only keep up with this relationship if you accept the full consequences that she will always continue acting like this in the future.
>>
File: 1454245356908.jpg (53 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1454245356908.jpg
53 KB, 571x448
so nobody has any good advice to give? on how to even help her out in this situation other than get ride of her?
>>
Fuck you OP, getting rid of her is the best advice - you're too pussy to do it.
Her mother should be the one to teach her some financial responsibility but looks like you got stuck with that job. Do you want a girlfriend or a daughter?
>>
>>16928193
Seriously? You're just as fucking stupid as her, screw you OP.
>>
>>16928193
You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. The only way to help her is to make her accept that she needs help.
>>
>>16927472
>>16927477
>>16927487
>>16927565
this

I am a 21 y/o female and if my partner behaved like this he'd not be my partner anymore.

You obviously resent her, just end it now. Don't waste your own time.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.