[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suddenly remembered someday I, you and everyone se know are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg (142 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg
142 KB, 1080x1350
I suddenly remembered someday I, you and everyone se know are going to die and we will probably do not know. Your perception will disappear, and you won't be able to remember anything more. You'll cease to exist. Nothing you ever did is going to matter anymore. It could be a person with a gun shooting you and you won't realise it because you'll be dead. No second chances, no replays.
How am I supposed to live like that?
>>
No idea. Lots of drugs and therapy has helped me, but it never totally goes away, it just gets easier to accept.
>>
>>16926688
It is much less scary than knowing the universe is infinite with vast unknown space and your senses are unable to truly die and you just have to look at a white space and a ringing sound in your ear for eternity.
I would like an end to my consciousness, but there is no way of knowing such end exists.
>>
>>16926705
Where did you came up with such bullshit?
>>
>>16926688
Yes. So?
>>
>>16926688
i dont know, im kind of excited to die. i was thinking about this a couple days ago in physics class. it's just so interesting, does consciousness just end? like i try to imagine what it's like to be dead, and that so many people before me have died, and im so fucking curious to know what it's like. but for now, ill just enjoy life, ill get to the dying part later.

you could be a person with a gun, you could kill a bunch of people, but i dont think that would really make you happy. life is in and of itself valuable. you can make other people happy, and in turn that will make you happy. just because it isn't permanent, doesn't mean it's not important or worthwhile. ill help someone carry something, or go out of my way to do something for someone, not because they'll remember it forever or even for a long period of time, but because it holds importance and value in that very moment. life, eternity, and consciousness is nothing but a series of infinite moments strung together, each moment being just as important as the next.

start living your life for a reason greater than your own selfish desires, and you might see life as something worth living and worthwhile. you'll amaze yourself.

also, drop any sort of organized religion because theyre all full of shit
>>
Get over it. Don't become a nihilist. You have to occupy your mind with interests or else you'll turn into a rapist or murderer.
>>
Eh, odds are an afterlife exists.

I hope it doesn't suck.

Source: say my dead great grandmother check in on my mom when she was in her hospital bed dying.
>>
Physics?!? Who do you belive? God or. A BS teacher? ??

Living is only once
And
Death is eternal.
>>
>>16926777
Well, we are nothing but an electric circuit that happens to be coordinated after millions of years of chemical reactions running on a template. It's only natural that such current cease to run, eventually.
>>
>>16926790
>>16926786
Nice b8
>>
File: 1457573392300.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1457573392300.png
715 KB, 629x758
Live you life knowing to not care about what others think because youll probably never meet them again and live your life doing what you want! Life is pretty fucking long !
>>
>>16926717
Fear of the infinite and the unknowable ? such questions came naturally.
>>
>>16926795
get your pseudo intellectual bullshit out of here

we are much more than an electric circuit, explain emotions dumbass

it's only natural that it cease's to run? well by the law of conservation of energy, no. it's actually only natural that we live forever, which would be the case if we were nothing more than an electric circuit.

did you turn 19 last month, smoke a bunch of pot, and recite some horse shit you learned in class last week?
>>
>>16926862
>emotions
More chemical reactions and electric currents.
>>
worrying about an absolute certainty is rather pointless
life goes on best make the most of it

and stating dumb shit like its some profound epiphany is something a retarded 12 year old would do

when you get older youll notice death more often, people die a lot sooner than you think they will, 18-20 years olds, dead.

so like i said make the most out of it and do what you want out of life, dont let anyone pressure you or make you think what you want isnt best for you, because it doesnt matter

and you think your little dumbass sad moment is struggling ive had severe depression since i was like 12 years old and ive been antisocial since grade school
>>
>>16926919
doesnt make emotions any less valid or powerful

plus that makes you sound edgy as fuck lel

>oh, look, words! Just useless vessels to try and convey my feelings, which are only chemical reactions and electric currents anyway!
>>
>>16927069
>words are just vibrations in the air or different shades of light
>>
>>16926688
>How am I supposed to live like that?
because there's nothing you can do to change it, you can either accept it or develop coping strategies to help ignore it like religion

I remember my dad raising an interesting point about this saying that you never see a middle aged suicide bomber because as you get older you have a much greater understanding of the reality of your own mortality, something most young people lack.
>>
>>16926786
>my dead great grandmother check in on my mom when she was in her hospital bed dying
did she say that? Because when you're near death your brain releases a fuckload of DMT which is why people say "my life flashed before my eyes" when they have near death experiences, they were tripping balls.
>>
>>16927073
wait I thought most suicide bombers and mass shooters are middle aged males ?
>>
File: 1457686370987.jpg (606 KB, 1513x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457686370987.jpg
606 KB, 1513x1920
>>16926688
We are all at different points on the spectrum of existential understanding. Some of us progress further than others, some of us never progress and dull our existential fears by watching action movies, abusing substances, playing video games, re-spawning again and again. Yes, everyone will die. This is a Truth of your Reality. You can not know for certain what is Consciousness and what is the True Death, and you can not know for certain what comes "Next," if anything at all. It could be the worst thing you could never imagine. It could be heavenly...purgatory! Or it could be yesterday, tomorrow, or never at all, and you could be Nothing (or Everything), but in this Life, you'll never know for certain. It is OKAY to BE AFRAID. Your Fear is conquerable. Let your most unique and precious possessions, your Self, your Intelligence, your Consciousness, be your guides. Your path is inevitable, there is only one path to death, the direction can't be changed. You can, however, change anything else about it that you'd like. Half the fun is figuring out how, and deciding for yourself what it is, and what it feels like, and what you do on it, or with it, or in it, or what! The path is your design, OP, how grand, or how decadent, or how wild or tame is all up to you. Seek experience, seek the Truth, it wants to be known by you. Do not be anxious over Truth. Merge with it. It is always fine, do not be afraid.
>>
There's an interesting hypothesis out there called quantum immortality.

It branches off of the many-worlds interpretation of spacetime. That idea essentially states that time is two-dimensional: the familiar "flow" axis that we all experience, but also a second "possibility" axis. At any given point in the flow, everything which COULD happen, DOES happen, just at different points along the possibility axis. We only perceive one possibility for each of these "decision points" (in quotes because most of them don't involve actual decisions), but the others all occur, somewhere in time.

Quantum immortality runs with this idea, and states that our consciousness can only survive in timelines where the possibility of our death does not occur. We are bound by physics to keep making decisions that do not lead to our death. And because of this, ultimately, no one ever really dies: your consciousness lives on in the timelines where you did not die, and there will always be timelines where, for some reason or another, you have not died.

But there are some catches. Just because you're on a timeline where you can't die doesn't mean that anyone else is immortal on that timeline. You may not die, but everyone you know eventually will, because it's not THEIR timeline. Another implication is that you cannot actually kill yourself in your own timeline: because you are conscious, you are by definition on a timeline where any attempts you make must fail. You may die in other people's timelines, but never in your own.

Obviously, quantum immortality is only a hypothesis, if it even rises to that level. It cannot, as far as we know, be proven true or false. I can't quite bring myself to believe it either. But if it's true, then in many ways, it would almost be Lovecraftian in its horror.
>>
>>16926688
>How am I supposed to live like that?
Make the best of what you have.
>>
>>16927120
Fuck. But i believe there IS one of those realities where you do die. It makes no sense to just attain immortality in one of them, or to everything else to die.
>>
>>16926688
>someday
maybe. but not today.
>>
>>16926688
Realize that there was never any point to anything before, during, or after your life. However, the effects of your existence will continue to propagate until the end of time, as every particle you interact with will interact with many others, ad infinitum. You and the universe are not separate, you are simply the universe experiencing itself.
>>
Any girls feel like lying and being mean because you're afraid? Or is this just beta male bullshit and are all women heartless shittesting machines?
>>
>>16926688
Maximum entropy of the universe.

Mathematics shows that everything in the universe will even eventually stop. Every star in the galaxy will eventually go out. All is temporary and nothing really matters. So don't worry so much about it.
>>
>>16928309
How about the theory that there is an infinite amount of universes. Yes, think about that for a second. Infinite. Also, think about what it means for concepts like space and time. And what it means for copies of you and the events that take place in their lives. Which copy with which storyline are you? I like the theory with one universe, heaven and eternal bliss more. Choose your poison and choose it wisely. The clock is ticking ;)
>>
>>16927071
it's almost like everything is made up of other things, who'd have thought
>>
>>16927088
Nope, vast majority of suicide bombers are young men. The people who plan the attacks are generally older.
>>
Three thoughts about this: 1) In 10000 years nobody will give a fuck about Hitler or any other villain anymore. They will be forgotten too.. 2) Children are the only future. get children some day. 10000 years ago one of your ancestors had the same thoughts about live as you now and got children some day. 3) There's more than we see. Get informed about near-death-experiences. I believe after death you will be part of the "world-spirit" again.
>>
Find something to occupy your mind, live in the moment, stop thinking about shit that cannot be changed, enjoy your time while you can. Uv been given a great oppertunity to be the eyes and ears ... of the universe itself. It doesnt matter what you do in the end, if you live your life worrying or make the most, you're still going to die. If someone came up to you and offered you the most delicious meal imagineable or no meal at all, which would you take? It doesnt matter which option you choose, just one is going to make you happy in the moment and give you a great experience and the other is not, but nothing else will change as a result of your choice.
>>
I'm grateful for the fact that I can live and experience things at all. I can only hope that my existence makes at least an impact in the present. I may not be able to change things two hundred years from now but i can certainly change things now.

I'm also remembering a quote I was told: "When nothing you do matters, the only thing that matters is what you do."
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.