[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Botched Cold Sore Treatment ... What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: f 228.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1319) Image search: [Google]
f 228.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1319
I got a cold sore for the first time ever at 28 years old a week and a half ago, I did the whole abreva thing and would pick at the scabs.... I read it was best to pop the ulcers to get the virus out and sterilize it. I did not have a needle so I popped it like a pimple and washed it with hand sanitizer. I also had some odd ingrown hairs there and could not shave so I took a tweezer and pulled out about 10 of them in the area.

I woke up next day and my whole top lip was swollen, The area where the cold sore is fully numb like it has had a novocaine shot feeling to it all day long, that went away after 2 days.

I also then tried to drain it with a sterilized needle and i got the puss out and some blood but not all of it, it then swelled up in a squishy ball which has subsized and new smaller sores have appeared on the outside.

Is this infected? Will it fix it's self if I leave it alone, What can happen if I do not go to doc and get it lanced?

Etc....

I have ceased doing anything to it except ice and epsom salt warm compresses which have made a huge difference, I feel like it's going to just do it's thing and get better as the smaller new cold sore ulcers are going to break open, I have no fever, don't feel ill, hot, or anything.... In fact it does not really hurt even i touch it for the first time ever.
>>
File: g 003-3.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1071) Image search: [Google]
g 003-3.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1071
This is what it looked like after pulling out the hairs with tweezers about 4 days ago
>>
>>16925880
haha you look handsome, which makes the situation all the more hilarious.

go to a doc if you're that concerned, but otherwise i'd leave it alone
>>
>>16925880
Holy fucking shit no you are not supposed to pop anything or pick anything or stab anything with a needle. Don't touch the area at all.

There is no "sterilization" that you can do. You just have to wait for the outbreak to go away and it to become dormant again. You don't need to do anything, though abreva or antivirals can help.
>>
>>16925880
dont pop or pick at anything, the next time you can feel one coming on soak a cotton ball in vodka and hold it against your lip for about 10 minutes, changing the cotton ball for a fresh one every so often. use a different toothbrush when you're having an outbreak, don't touch your lip and then touch your eyes or dick or anything, don't share drinks, basically just don't cross-contaminate. what you're doing now sounds fine.
>>
I'd say leave it alone but if anything takes even the slightest turn for the worse then go see a doc.
>>
Hand sanitizer is not for treating wounds. Just use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide from now on if you want to treat something.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.