[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression? Anxiety? In need motivation to help myself and to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: shiocrying.jpg (242 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
shiocrying.jpg
242 KB, 500x740
I have a Calculus I test tomorrow. I have an Algebra test friday. I have a total of 6 other tests and finals and shit until the end of the month, some of those because I'll be getting lower than a 6 for sure in 2 classes at least.
I've been feeling overloaded with normal amount of pressure for a very long time now. Maybe depression? Anxiety? Today was the third time in this semester that I had to stop for the bathroom before entering a class because I felt like screaming and crying and vomiting and I'm trembling like I have Parkinson's. I have noticed I have developed a very small bald spot from where I pull my hair out from too, I even cut my hair short to hide it.
I don't know anything for the test tomorrow. I don't ever feel like studying. I was so used from highschool and such, just having to study the day before and a 80+ was confirmed. I just don't know how to organize myself on studying daily and that makes me feel desperate and lost during classes. I end up just feeding my retarded youtube addiction or playing some videogame. It doesn't help me that knowing that I'm getting bad grades, my overall grade is going to be forever scarred by this huge gash of 0's, pushing it down and delaying me from working to some teacher (overall 6 is a must for that) so I can cash in some bucks as to not feel so lonely, which also degrades my sanity (don't have money to go out with friends, live near a slum so I can't bring girls over so I don't even try starting relationships since I can't pay for a motel either), can't pay for a gym so I can get a little more fit, since I have a rather okay face but my body is dissapointing.

>continuation in next post
>>
File: ifeveryporkchopwereperfect.jpg (30 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
ifeveryporkchopwereperfect.jpg
30 KB, 540x540
So,
How do I diminish my internet escapades to avoid problems? How does one get the motivation to study for shit they don't care about? How does one untap a talent, so they don't feel like such useless failures anymore and if they do fail, at least they have something to fall their backs into, like most people I know who are good at some type of something? How do I stop thinking that I'm not doing the right thing with my life if I don't haven't had any plan B for years?

I feel so bad that I can't talk to woman for shit because I can't stop thinking about how undesireable I am. I'm a bad kisser (according to the last girl I was with, don't worry, it was me who asked) because my first and ex girlfriend didn't like kissing outside of sex, so all out kisses were a sloppy tongue-fest mid humping, and I feel like I'm forgetting all about how to do good in bed, which is what carried me a longway, since I usually made my ex tire herself out before I even finished.

And it all ties up to this bunch of situations making me feel bad and not being able to dedicate myself to something
>>
Reframe your mind, dude. You need to take pride in your strengths instead of lamenting your flaws. Girls will be bitches, you get used to it. Stud ying sucks, you get used to it. Just find something to alleviate the anxiety, medication has helped me. If you are smart enough fir calculus, you are smart enough to understand the psychological flaws you possess.

You learn by making mistakes, so let yourself make the mistakes. Fail hard. Fail often. You will learn how to fail with grace. Read some Nietzche and learn how to harness your suffering.
>>
>>16925590
>Read some Nietzche and learn how to harness your suffering.
Any text in specific?
>>
>>16925447
You're taking calculus at the same time as algebra? How does that work?

Try organizing group studies. Study with a cute girl in your class, that's good motivation. Do bodyweight exercises in the meantime. If push-ups are too easy, do diamond push-ups, and so on.
>>
>>16925653
Like this
http://www.uff.br/quimicaepetroleo/images/stories/Fluxograma_Eng_Qumica.pdf
1st semester -> Linear Algebra (differs from algebra by using some analitical geometry) / Calculus / Introduction to Chemical Engineering / General Chemestry / Experimental Chemestry / Citizenship and Social Rights

>Try organizing group studies.
I think I'll start trying to study along with someone next semester or something... I just love being at home for some reason, but I realize it's not optimal for me so I should get fucking used to it and just fuck off to the university's library from week 1.
>Study with a cute girl in your class
Yeah... most are generic looking, and I like short girls or cute looking girls rather than the "aspiring model with make-up" looks. The only girl that I was really into it... well I fucked up, for some reason I the girls I want to get to know or just fuck think I want a serious relationship. It's been liek this for the last 3 at least, something in what I do jus tresults in them telling me off by saying "You are one of the nicest guys I know, and I've had some bad experiences before, I'm just not looking for a relationship right now". And then she went off to go fuck like 10 dudes in the last 4 months be it through tinder or other classes or randos on facebook which approach her and she just goes for them. Since she doesn't shup up about how her last fuck was, I just don't like being around her anymore. She fooled me just right with her nerdy "interested in what you have to say" act.
>>
>>16925709
I just ask someone if they want to study for a final or something a week before the exam. Something like "Hey there, I've seen you around and you look really smart. I'm worried about the final and wanted to go over some stuff, look over some notes before the exam. Are you free at so and so time?" Works for me. People do like free flattery, and they're probably just as worried about their grade as you are. There's also at least 30 people in the class you can ask so the odds are in your favor.

Also, that girl you wanted was a slut that would've given you at most a one night stand anyway. I mean, the way I see it, you have a bunch of average-looking girls in your class that you could practice your kissing on and gain some confidence. Why not?
>>
>>16925709
Who told you to stack all those difficult courses together? How many fucking units is that? 24? That's fucking insane man. No wonder you are so stressed out.
>>
>>16925746
Just gotta work on making said notes then I guess. Welp. I'm going to sleep pretty soon. All I know is L'hopital, but fuck it.
Also, nah, most girls are full of themselves, and most people agree they look great and all, they just are not my type, but you're right. I've got this highschooler who seems to be into me (went after me for conversations some times and kept sending me hptos and even calling me). When this month is over I'll check if she's still interested, we haven't maintained contact of rsome weeks now.

>>16925769
It's mandatory. That's how my university configured our first semester to be like so that we can finish this in at least 5 years. Is this not how it usually goes?
But effectly, the problem is not exactly that this is stressing me, but the fact that I'm incapable of helping myself, of grabbing those books or lists of questions and trying to solve any of them.
I dunno the units system, but Algebra is 6 hours a week (3 classes), Calculus 4h/w (2 classes), Intro same as calculus, Chem same as algebra, Experimental is 4h/w in one class and Citizenship is 2h/w 1 class.
>>
File: 1665454acf66.png (987 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1665454acf66.png
987 KB, 1920x1080
>>16925797
> 5 years

nigga are you doing a combined bachelors and masters in that time or just the former? If it's just the former, then your school is making you take a bunch of bs classes.
>>
>>16925807
It's Brazil, dear Peridot-poster
Nothing works as it should here.
Our veterans who recieved us are mostly on their 11th or 12th semester, because they repeated a lot of classes as well.
However we can already do internships from the sixth semester and onwards, before that we have access to three or four selections every semester for internal projects (not-paid, only for experience) like making karts, those small planes or managing a small office. For paid experience is what I said, Cientific Initiation, gotta have at least 6 as your general grade, 7 if you want a chance to gain more than $150 per month to work 6-10h/week
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.