[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been told by a psychologist that I am "twice exceptional,"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 540x540
I've been told by a psychologist that I am "twice exceptional," meaning I am gifted in intelligence but have several learning disabilities so it is hard for me to use my intelligence.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? What has your experience been like?
>>
>>16925356
How old u senpai?
I was called an asspie in grade school but I was smart enough to fake being a normie really fast. Now I actually have empathy and inflection in my speech and shit.

If you're as smart as you say, just keep on trucking. You don't get close to peak smarts till like late 20s.
>>
Idk people always told me that I was smart but just didn't put in the effort. Perhaps it was true. I always got bad grades but I tested well. Also was diagnosed with ADD at one point.
>>
>>16925375
I'm 25 and I was evaluated when I was 20. I did okay in high school without any accommodations and now I have just an AAS. I kind of fucked up after high school as did many of my male friends.
>>
>>16925356
When I was 17 my worried mom sent me to a psychologist and i took an iq test that consisted of two parts. The verbal part was me answering all sorts of questions from math to memory to reasoning and the non-verbal second part was me playing with some cubes to make them fit. I scored 136 in the verbal part which is genius level and 85 in the non-verbal which is borderline retarded. Apparently that meant I was dyslexic or some shit.
>>
>>16925419
What are you doing with your life right now?
>>
>>16925423
I went to college. I did well at first but then I got depressed and lost interest, and my grades went from great to barely passable. I'm also 25 and I've never held a job. My social circle is nonexistent and if my parents go broke I'll be homeless.
>>
>>16925391
>>16925752
Yeah same.
I dropped out and got a job.
Feelin better now so I think this week I'm gonna try to catch up with some dudes and see if I can't move out or get a girl or something.

Long term plans are steadily progressing.

I think people like you and I can get a little bit fucked up and sidetracked and still do well.
>>
>>16925356
My boyfriend has a learning disability. Was diagnosed in elementary school. He's actually really smart, witty, charismatic, understands concepts well.

But if he were to take a test, or formally present his knowledge of things in an organized fashion, he struggles real hard.

I understand it from the outside very easily. I don't think my boyfriend is stupid or even "slow." He still goes to college and gets like B or C average, but he gets extra help with the Disabled Student Program at the school. I also assist in tutoring him and showing him easy methods to do things.
>>
>>16925771
what kind of job?
>>
>>16925356
if you are twice as exception can you help me get my dick out of the ceiling? I need serious advice here because my dick is caught in the fan.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.