[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too Fit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1405798038268.jpg (175 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
1405798038268.jpg
175 KB, 853x960
So my girlfriend started going to the gym about a month ago, which I didn't really care about in the beginning. Recently though she's been talking about how she wants to get "buff" or something to that effect, which worries me a little. She sent me examples of what she's talking about, and it's girls that essentially have the torso, arms and legs of a man. I really don't find that attractive, and I don't think it's healthy to obsess that much over your body image. Working out and staying healthy is one thing, but wanting to look "gym fit" requires a certain lifestyle that I'm not interested in. Not sure if I should actually be worrying about this or not
>>
>>16922916
you probably should be worried, after a girl undergoes that transformation its super likely that she leaves you for somebody better and fitter
>>
>>16922924

>better
>fitter

Not sure they're the same thing. Essentially, I don't know whether I should tell her straight up that I don't find it attractive at all, or subtly imply it over time.
>>
>>16922916
The likelihood that she will get to that point is slim to none. You have to cut so much body fat as a woman to have visible abs, many women don't bother when they notice how long of a road it actually is and get more realistic with their goals.
Honestly just be supportive and give your honest opinion when she asks you if the women in the pics look hot or more attractive than her.
Everyone has an "unhealthy body image", at least hers is fitness related and not anorexia related. Hopefully anyway.
>>
>>16922916
My bf is being the same.argh it disgusts me. I liked him when he was chubby and now hes becoming one of those gym guys. Our relashionship may be over sooner than I thought.

I tell him to not worry about those things and that he looks fine. But he tells me he feels bad and unhealthy.. What can I say to that? I'm not a bitch so I even try to stay healthy with him (stoped drinking soda and eating bread) but I don't like his gym self
>>
>>16922916
>but wanting to look "gym fit" requires a certain lifestyle that I'm not interested in
eating healthy, sticking to a diet, working out about an hour a day, spending some time learning how your body works and how to keep it in top condition?
>I don't think it's healthy to obsess that much over your body image
I mean, you only get one, a little obsession about it is a hell of a lot better than not giving a fuck about what you put in it.
>>
>>16922924
women are all hypergamous of course she will.
>>
>>16923034
You're deadweight, just dragging until your boyfriend sheds you for a more attractive, active, and happier girlfriend. Unless you realize that you will be happier in the long run should you decide to bring your body up to peak physical condition, the way nature intended for humans to live.
>>
>>16923085
... did you have a stroke anon? Or did you just not read OPs post?
>>
>>16923096
I was replying to a different poster in a similar situation as OP. Do you feel dumb now? Or do I need to explain to you why it is active, fit people like to be around other active, fit people to fully understand the gist of my post?
>>
>>16923096
Did you have a stroke, anon? He's not responding to OP, he's responding to some femanon.
>>
>>16922916
It's a phase.
It will pass soon.
My bf is relieved as I'm just getting out of it in my 2nd month of gym.
It was ridiculous.
>>
>>16923121
Explain to me what makes you decide to become fit, and then not. I'm curious.
>>
>>16923051
I think he means she want to be one of those body building looking women. That isn't attractive.
>>
>>16923124
I wasn't talking about the fit part, I was talking about the super muscular woman she wanted to become. As soon as you see little results, you feel successful and wanna become even bigger, then the euphoria phase I was talking about passes, and you realize you just wanna look sexy and maintain what you've gained, not gain more.
>>
>>16923124
Not that anon but, working out everyday get tiring. Some days your legs hurt and you think "fuck it". Afterwards it becomes a pattern of being lazy.
>>
let her do it and then when she comes at you with 'beast mode' beat her ass the fuck down.
>>
>>16923096
You might feel stupid now, but that's only because you are
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 803x995) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 803x995
Girls don't end like pic related natty
>>
>>16922916
the average female can't get "buff" with out steroids. they can get big for a girl but still small compared to a guy that lifts.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>16923160
More like this. Any you wouldn't say no to that, right op?
>>
>>16923163
ops gf will probably end up like this. people dont realise how hard it is to get big, never mind big as a girl. >>16923160
if this girl is natty, it probably took her about 5 years.
>>
>>16923167
No way is she natty... That seems too much. Or she had high test to beginn with. However, op don't worry aslong as she doesn't take any suspicious supplements. And no, protein and ceratine and stuff doesn't count
>>
>>16923167
that girl is definitely not natty. look at her veins
>>
>>16923169
yeah, she does seem too big to be natty. most people dont realise the reality of getting big as a guy or girl. most people who are big and ripped, use steroids.
>>
>>16923139
I know because I do, I want to understand the psychology behind quitting but I think I've already realized it.
>>16923132
Makes more sense
>>16923129
It'll take her years of hard training to become big and unattractive and only then if her genes allow her, if he took the time to do some research about his girlfriend's hobby he would realize his fears are unfounded.
>>
Not OP but might as well ask here instead of /fit/ since the conversation went in that direction. I'm doing a full body workout in gym but after 2 months the results are that my arms have increased and my butt hasn't even though I squat and all. why is that? Could it be due to high test or something? My test levels are always a bit higher than average but still within the normal range for a woman.
>>
>>16923195
Are you activating your glutes?
>>
>>16923195
Girl here. I never do stuff specifically for my arms. Just some bench presses for the boobs. Deadlifts are enough for upper body. I focus on my butt and legs. Squats, lunghes and glute bridges mainly. The exercises train the rest of the body more than enough.
>>
>>16923208

>bench presses for the boobs

Does this not destroy tits? One of the least attractive things to me is big pecs on women
>>
>>16923207
I think so
>>16923208
ty. I do everything, bicep curls and all. I guess I'll focus on the more feminine parts from now on
>>
>>16923213
Nah. I don't try to get new pr's all the time. I just want some muscles for those perky titts. It would take A LOT more to develope visible pecs.
>>16923220
Def ditch the curls and shit. That's not necessary. I almost exclusively do butt stuff and just mix in some dl's for overall health. Oh, and just a little tip i discovered yesterday. Body wraps... Man o man they are amazing!!
>>
>>16923208
>>16923220
give up all you need is to not be fat. a 15 y/o boy can out lift your years of gainz in like 3 months.
>>
>>16923238
But he could never wear yoga pants to flaunt those glutes or a crop top to show off that perfectly smooth midriff. Yeah, i don't lift for "functional strength", deal with it.
>>
>>16923195
How is your diet?

How long are you allowing for recovery?

Are you progressively overloading your muscles/ increasing in weight?
>>
>>16923255
>But he could never wear yoga pants to flaunt those glutes
yeah he can and he can wear those short shorts that the brown dead /fit/ guy always wears before he died too

>crop top to show off that perfectly smooth midriff
true but he can take his shirt off in public places and not get fined

D E A L W I T H I T
ugh it wont let me do the vertical part
>>
>>16923279
What exactly is your point?
And who would actively try to look like zyzz?
>>
>>16923282

Point being that if you're working out to show off your ass and belly, you're a vapid cunt. Usually, if you're working out heavily to any extent you're a vapid cunt, but especially if you're actively showing off.
>>
>>16923290
The assumtions are real. I just like to look as good as possible, i don't see the problem. It's just one of many parts that belong to me
>>
>>16923282
u no wat, i jus get peeved wen grls say beast mode sry 2 agit8 u
>>
>>16923304
You might want to overthink your dosage m8. Besides, i never said anything about beast mode. But come on anon, lets not derail this thread
>>
>>16923298

uhh >>16923255

Can you read that vapid drivel?? Do you not understand how shallow a person is that "flaunts" their ass?
>>
>>16923265
breakfest oats lunch meat+ broccoli dinner salad+cheese.maybe not the best diet ever but I'm generally trying to eat good. tons of water and some chocolate here and there cause i'm addicted to eat.
i'm exercising every other day, upper body, rest day, lower body, rest day repeat till infinity. My instructors keep increasing the weight on everything, at first I was in constant pain but now i'm getting used to it and my arms look bigger (they kept saying I had spaghetti arms when I joined the gym 2 months ago). Other parts are better too just not as much.
>>
>>16923311
Ugh, i never specified the circumstances. As it happens, my bf loves my ass and so i happily wear some tight leggins at home. I won't say that i don't like to wear some skinny jeans when out and about but that might not make me a vapid cunt instantly
>>
>>16923315
Sounds decent, without counting your calories you don't know for certain, but I imagine you'll want to get more protein either in your diet or by whey supplement. Part might also be your form, many instructors don't actually know what they're doing but they sound like they do. What are you doing, front squats or low bar or high bar back squats?
>>
>>16923351
I'm doing high bar back squats. And seated leg press, if it counts. and another 2 or 3 things that are for legs in general, but might be relevant. leg curl and seated leg curl. And multi hip machine. I'm also doing squats with a kettlebell. Reply is late since English is not my native language and had to google all the stuff I'm doing.
>>
File: goodmorning.jpg (69 KB, 894x646) Image search: [Google]
goodmorning.jpg
69 KB, 894x646
>>16923421
Low bar squats will help your butt a little bit more than high bar but either one works good enough and its more important that whichever you do its deep enough that your hips come down below your knees.

Don't do the leg curl, seated leg curl, or multi hip machine. None of those are helping you because they totally isolate the muscle from balance and tendons. All they're good for is increasing your recovery time unfortunately.

Have you tried good mornings like my picture? They work butt and thighs pretty well. You could also try the deadlift.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.