[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like to be a teacher ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 0101.jpg (59 KB, 1059x705) Image search: [Google]
0101.jpg
59 KB, 1059x705
What is it like to be a teacher ?
>>
shitty
>>
Hell on earth
>>
First year really sucks since you're coming up with all your learning plans and there's no real Downtime to catch up on your work. The more years you go through the easier it gets since you have more to fall back on (even though you're not supposed to).
>>
>>16921783
the kids are shit
the pay is shit
the coworkers are shit
BUT at least you have the weekend to drink your sorrows away.
>>
File: fave.jpg (18 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
fave.jpg
18 KB, 206x245
I think being a teacher is a terrible idea unless you've actually always wanted to become a teacher.
The vast majority of teachers I've had over the years have been terrible at their jobs. They've never even tried to make their subjects seem interesting, they've never even seemed interested in the subject they're teaching.
I had a math teacher once that would spend the first 20 minutes of class explaining what we would do that particular session,
after he finished that he would tell us to do exercises 1-35 in whatever chapter we were on in the book, he told us that was our homework as well and if we finished it all and did it correctly we'd be able to leave class early.
I always left after 20 minutes, and I got a 90% as a final grade in the course. Seriously the best incentive I've ever had to study anything.
>>
>>16921783
depends where you live and how you feel about kids

also the age group
>>
What about being a community college or university professor?
>>
I've come here for advice in the past regarding to this career choice myself.

>be me
>always loved animals
>I've always wanted to educate people about wildlife and I became inspired by my animal science teacher to want to become a teacher myself.
>I was really hyped about this idea until I started telling family about my plans to be an animal science/biology teacher myself and my dad kept putting me down.
>He kept saying that all those years in college would cost me a lot of money
>kept bringing up that some of the requirements were taking math courses
>admittedly I am bad at math but teaching people about animals still sounded really good to me.

Eventually this got to me and I just decided to go with majoring in graphic design. Which isn't a huge problem considering that i'm an art person. I like some of the classes but I absolutely hate taking web design. I'm really trying my best but I suck at coding. I have no motivation in that class.
This is only my first year of college and i'm getting some gen eds out of the way on the side, so i'm just going to see how this goes.
>>
>>16921905
From the looks of things it seems like community college professors have much more free range when it comes to teaching. I think this might be because they don't necessarily focus on writing thesis like professors do at more established colleges.
I feel like at my community college the professors put a lot more focus into ensuring that the students are getting the most out of what they're being taught.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.