[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to drive a giant van tomorrow for work because it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: png;base642ae0203ba61c1135.png (119 KB, 462x176) Image search: [Google]
png;base642ae0203ba61c1135.png
119 KB, 462x176
I have to drive a giant van tomorrow for work because it's the only insured vehicle. It's not something I'm gonna have to to often but I'm scared shitless because I get nervous as fuck driving in the first place and I've never driven a big ass honker before.

Any tips for driving a van?
>>
File: 1453121444146.jpg (42 KB, 802x600) Image search: [Google]
1453121444146.jpg
42 KB, 802x600
bamp
>>
- Get there as early as you can. Drive it around the parking lot a little. This will help.
- When you see signs suggesting that you slow down when making turns, they really mean it. You can take them faster in a smaller vehicle, but don't try in a van.
- Place your side-view mirrors to minimize blind spots, because you can't count on having the rear-view to help you.
>>
>>16920028
Get in, adjust your mirrors, then get out, and figure out where the landmarks you saw actually are as you walk around the van. Also, make sure the brake lights and turn signals actually work.If you're going on a highway, stay in the right or center lane unless you have to make a left exit. Stay in the lane you need to eventually be in, and plan your actions ahead of time. When you check your side mirrors at least 3 times per minute, check to make sure you're actually in your lane.
>>
Wear sunglasses to block the sun. The sun hits van with more Uv rays then cars, they are higher off the ground after all. It gets cold though so wear a trench coat, and put the the collar up to protect your neck. Swing by the candy store for practice driving the thing pick up some candy as well. Kids spend the most time in vans so ask them for advice and tip Aime candy if they are willing to get in and show you some tricks. Playgrounds are good place to practice as well.
>>
they're not bad vehicles, I find them easier to drive than minivans or big piece of shit cars like a caprice or any oldsmobile.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.