[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of exercises I could do in my room that will make me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (35 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35 KB, 720x479
What kind of exercises I could do in my room that will make me lose weight? I don't have money to go to the gym and nor do I have money to buy aparatus for this mission (so exercises that wont use anything besides towels and things I can find at home already)

I need to lose 10kg in 2 months.

Pic related just cuz I want to be as thin as her.
>>
Read /fit/ sticky
>>
Count the amount of calories you take in.

Go for a jog every morning.

EAT LESS CALORIES THAN YOU BURN A DAY
>>
File: 7ba.png (126 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126 KB, 500x320
>>16919380
Run, faggot. Gtfo out of your little cave and go see that big, yellow ball that most of us call the sun.

Also, 70% of weight loss is nutrition.
Exercisizing won't mean shit if you keep cramming potato chips into your fat face.
Learn2salad. Vinegar dressing, not blue cheese

One more thing - 10 kg = 10 weeks. Any faster and you won't keep the weight off. You're just crash dieting.

> Inb4 buh buh I like my junk food
Then stay fat, weakling.
>>
>>16919380
eat less, run, cycle. weightlifting WILL make you hungry as fuck and is not hoing to help you lose weight.

alternatively, consider DNP.
>>
>>16919380
It isn't about doing a lot of exercises, it's about reducing the amount of food you eat. Exercise is to build muscle and helps somewhat with wasting calories, but ultimately burning 500 calories by taking a jog won't help if you're still shoving 12000 calories down your throat.

Other than that, just go for some regular exercises. Jog, do some push-ups, sit-ups, squats and pull-ups if you can.
>>
eat as little fat and sugar as possible.
>>
>>16919380

>in my room

go outside. jog. eat healthy.
>>
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
>>
>>16919380
Jog on the street and limit your calories.

>>16919440
Limiting carbs (esp sugar) is a must. But fat is good in moderation.
>>
>>16919380
gym is for sissies who rely on memberships as a form of motivation to move their asses because otherwise they wouldn't.

Go run Op. You don't need expensive shoes or clothing. Just wear what makes you comfortable and go out for a run at least 3 times a week.

Establish a home workout routine for pushups, stretches, abdominal work, etc...

badah-bing badah-boom
>>
If you drink soda, cut it out entirely. If you need caffeine, black coffee, or a caffeinated tea with no sugar. Caffeine will temporarily boost your metabolism. Cut down on bread and cheese. Cheese is really caloric, ain't nobody got time to work off three ounces of cheese on top of whatever other shit you're eating.

Do jumping jacks, bodyweight squats, pushups. Start with small sets and work your way up, but always make sure you're pushing yourself. Like others have said, running/jogging would help a lot, but that would require leaving your room.

I have weak lungs, so when I do my cardio, I do intervals. One minute of running, one minute of jogging, three minutes of walking. I'll do that for about a mile. Sad as it is, I've improved from only being able to jog and walk, and only for about 3/5ths of a mile. If you're in particularly bad shape, you could try the intervals, too.
>>
>>16919449
u are absolutely wrong. eating as little fat as possible is the most important thing you can do to control weight.
>>
>>16919380
severely limit your carbs: that includes bread (especially white bread), sugar, honey, pasta, rice, legumes, cereals, some fruits like grapes and bananas, some vegetables like potatoes etc etc

eat more lean meats like fish and chicken and less fatty meats like beef and pork

try and replace cheese with milk

drink about 2 liters of water every day

eat more fruits and vegetables especially if they taste bitter, and make sure to eat the skin as well. the majority of the food you eat should come from low-carb plant sources!!!

stop adding saturated fats like butter, or trans fats like margarine, and use unsaturated fats like olive oil instead

limit your salt to the bare minimum and avoid processed foods like bacon and sausages

last but not least, light-jog every day for 40 minutes

follow that to the letter and i promise you'll lose your 10kg
>>
>>16919466
>implying people join gyms for motivation and not for access to thousands of dollars in equipment for a relatively small monthly fee
>implying you can build appreciable lean muscle mass and strength without weight-lifting
>implying building lean muscle mass isn't the best way to change your appearance regardless of sex

don't listen to this autist. start lifting.

the uninitiated hold a misconception that your WEIGHT is important. it isn't. dieting down to X lbs isn't going to change your appearance drastically. that mental image you have in your head? your ideal physical appearance? that requires MUSCLE MASS not just weight-loss.
>>
>>16919478
low carb HIGH fat diets are what bodybuilders use to get ripped

google "ketosis"
>>
>>16919478
>being this retarded
>hurr durr if you eat fat then you get fat

protein and fat consumption becomes MORE important if you're dieting. hunger and lack of satiation is what causes individuals to become inconsistent in their diets and inconsistency will kill your chances at satisfactory results.

stop convincing yourself that you know what you're talking about and just listen.
>>
>>16919559
>you can only build muscle at the gym

whatever you say, chad
>>
>>16919559
Not OP, but I'm trying really hard to get into that mindset now that my weight's going up again. I've been lifting (light, but still enough). I'll measure myself and see that I've lost an inch, but seeing the scale still depresses me. It's hard to get past the mindset that the weight is what matters.
>>
>>16919380
>>16919548
oh and i forgot to mention that you shouldn't drink alcohol AT ALL

anyway good luck anon, the world needs more /fit/ cardio bunnies ;_;
>>
File: 1447444146710.jpg (61 KB, 480x744) Image search: [Google]
1447444146710.jpg
61 KB, 480x744
>>16919568
yeah bruh, i'm sure all those push ups and planks are getting you real juicy
>>
>>16919568
shut up you clueless idiot

we get it that you lack the motivation to improve yourself but don't try and bring others down too
>>
Would this be good?

Breakfast:
-some fruit and water or cereal with milk

Lunch:
-3, soup size, spoons of rice
-chicken or fish (fried ok?)
-vegetables and salad to my taste with lemon or olive oil seasoning

Afternoon:
-fruits and iogurt

Go walking/running/jogging before dinner for 50 min 3x/week

Dinner:
-cereals and some type of tea

Ps: I don't and can't drink coffee
>>
>>16919586
do you know what a calorie is?
>>
>>16919586
>Dinner:
>-cereals and some type of tea
You've got to be the most misinformed person I know. Please don't make your own diet plan.
>>
>>16919594
I need help. Help.
>>
>>16919583
I'm not trying to bring anyone down, I'm just saying it's possible to build muslce on your own. It won'tbe as fast as going to a gym and lifting, but definitely possible. And I say this by experience.
>>
>>16919586
>Would this be good?

no

what part of avoiding carbs don't you understand? and 3 times a week is not enough, you need to do it every day. you don't have to run, just walk fast as if you're in a great hurry, for about 40 minutes
>>
>>16919598
Has no one directed you to >>>/fit/
>>
>>16919598
http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

calculate your TDEE. your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) can be simply explained as the amount of CALORIES that your body uses to function on an average day.

your body uses energy AKA CALORIES to perform any and all functions. simply breathing requires calories, your heart pumping blood requires calories. running a mile? energy is expended and energy wants to be replenished.

energy needs that aren't met through caloric intake (AKA EATING FOOD) are found elsewhere via your liver. your liver will create the energy your body needs if it has the materials to do so. you know what one of those materials is? FAT DEPOSITS. that's what fat is, stored energy.

so if you have a rough estimate on how many calories your body needs a day then you can purposely create a caloric deficit and force your body to utilize the stored energy AKA FAT of your body.

the last piece of the puzzle is knowing HOW MANY CALORIES YOU'RE EATING so you can consistently keep a deficit. you know those nutritional labels on your food? IT TELLS YOU HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN IT.

good luck.
>>
>>16919608 well then, what part of me being a poor miserable person don't you understand? I can't go to a doctor to get a healthy diet plan.

And I don't get how I'm supposed to be without fucking rice.

What should my diet be like? I'm a chubby fuck and I'm willing to lose weight for someone so help
>>
>>16919601
you can, but only if you have the right equipment in order to isolate all the different muscle groups
>>
>>16919620 thank you!
>>
>>16919620 it said

Your BMR is: 1373 Calories/Day

Your TDEE is: 1579 Calories/Day

So I guess ill just work from here.

Thanks.
>>
>>16919625
First of all what's your height and weight? Okay I'll give you an example...

Breakfast: Glass of full fat milk served with a tomato and onion salad drizzled with olive oil

Lunch: Salmon steak with two cups of broccoli and drizzled with olive oil

Dinner: One fried egg and a couple of apples or oranges
>>
>>16919646
1579 is fairly small. how tall are you? how much do you weigh?

you want to shoot for a 300 calorie deficit to steadily lose weight at a reasonable pace. you have to keep your expectations in check. losing weight is a gradual process, it takes time and results aren't noticeable at first.

consistency will breed results. going overboard on your caloric deficit (say, going for a 700 calorie deficit in order to lose weight faster) will make the diet unsustainable. no one likes feeling like shit and hungry all the time.

be reasonable with your expectations and you'll see results in time.

and lift.
>>
File: 1424896271270.jpg (25 KB, 561x506) Image search: [Google]
1424896271270.jpg
25 KB, 561x506
>>16919659
>OP wants to lose weight
>here, put fucking olive oil on everything
>>
read up on calisthenics, fatty
>>
>>16919663
yes cause that will keep her full and put her in a state of ketosis
>>
>working on losing fat/gaining muscle
>that feel when you have a 1k deficit

I need a good dinner.

OP, try getting a calorie tracker, like My Fitness Pal. That'll help you out a lot. I tend to estimate, but it might help you if you break out the measuring cups, at least for a while. It's easy to underestimate how much you've had.
>>
>>16919478
You need to eat fats in moderation, and it really depends on the specific types of fat you are consuming.

Take one fucking nutrition class.
>>
>>16919380

Running or cycling. When cycling, pick up a slightly more serious pace than you usually would. Pushups in your room. Pullups on anything.

Most of all, eat less. It's far easier to eat less than to exercise more. Count your calories so you don't delude yourself about how much you eat. Both skinny and fat people do this all the time. I know I do.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.