[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is better for making friends Irl Playing some f2p games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 87lg0gV.jpg (98 KB, 536x960) Image search: [Google]
87lg0gV.jpg
98 KB, 536x960
What is better for making friends Irl
Playing some f2p games on the PC?
or
4chan?
or
A combination of both?
>>
>>16919160
Going outside and talking to people
>>
Both are equally bad. Go play some board games or card games with others in person.
>>
>>16919160
Cover all of your bases.
>>
>>16919160
Having mostly had online friends for most of my childhood (I have real life ones now, thank fuck), I can say 4Chan probably isn't your best bet. I never made a close friend off of 4Chan, and the few people I talked to regularly were all fluke occurrences. People on 4Chan just aren't super into socializing off of it with people from it.

Video games, especially ones on Steam (same friend for however many games, a lot of people leave it logged in, etc) are a better bet. Also try forums (actual forums) where you have a common interest.

If you're looking to meet girls, try role playing. Girls, especially lonely ones, love to RP.
>>
>>16919192
>If you're looking to meet girls

Aren't video game girls ... you know ... usually not that attractive?
>>
>>16919209
It depends, honestly. Video games aren't as strictly gendered anymore, and I know a lot of women who play them casually who aren't unattractive. On the same note though, they usually don't use their microphones and usually don't play as much as men, so they're harder to pick out and harder to have a relationship with entirely based on gaming.

If OP wants male friends:
>Car, military, weapons, and outdoors based forums
>Video games, especially ones that require teamwork and communication (easier to have a conversation and a reason to add one another)
>4Chan's /soc/ if he wants to be desperate, or an add-a-friend thread from /r9k/ if he REALLY wants to be desperate
>Most nerdy hobbies that are big online, such as computers, science, space, etc.

Gender neutral:
>To some degree, video games and forums, especially cutesy games, role playing games, zombie games and general forums
>Omegle
>News websites where user contributions are encouraged

For meeting girls:
>Role playing forums, especially ones based around a largely female fandom (Supernatural, for example); more complicated role playing forums (D&D online, etc.) are more frequently male or gender neutral
>Animal forums
>Anime, manga and cosplay (although a lot of men are into these things, they're usually in it either for the girls, gay, autistic, asexual or otherwise normies so it's still female majority)

You can also try reddit (if you want neckbeards) or tumblr (if you want gender specials).
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.