[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>29 >happily married >two kids >good job >financially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>29
>happily married
>two kids
>good job
>financially stable

The only problem is my friends from high school and college all live in different cities. How do I go about making new good friends at this stage of the game? I'm not really interested in getting closer with my work acquaintances.
>>
>>16918727
the only way to make friends at that age is through hobbies, other friends, or work

since you're married with kids you wont have time for anything but work friends

welcome to adulthood
>>
>>16918727
Neighbors
Kids' friends' parents
Volunteer work
PTA
>>
What kind of movies and music u enjoy
>>
>>16919213
>Kids' friends' parents

this
>>
Old people don't get to have friends
>>
>>16918727
Church
Classes for couples (cooking, dancing, etc.)
One that works well if you have teenagers is look for non-school dances (in the South we have dancing GRITS or cotillions) and be a chaperone - you'll meet other parents there
>>
>>16919351

no one gets to have friends. you have to go out and make them
>>
How normal are you? Fantasy sports leagues can work well for married father's, just gotta find a local group that meets up occasionally for the games, then you chat about your leauge and all the bullshit that goes with life between games. If you hate sports it's a no go of course.
>>
>>16919626
>Fantasy sports leagues can work well

I actually wonder if there's a statistic for this. I feel like fantasy leagues and drafts are becoming an increasingly larger networking/friend finding avenue for people in their late 20's-50's+.

At least for me, "So where you know <anon> from? We're in the same fantasy league", is getting to the point where it's common enough it doesn't sound weird as fuck anymore
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.