[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flirting: Is shaking a woman's hand when introducing yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Queens-Fingertips.jpg (38 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
Queens-Fingertips.jpg
38 KB, 849x565
I'm at a party, minding my own business, and this girl starts chatting me up. We share a few jokes, and I introduce myself "Hi, I'm anon" and I put out my hand out to shake hers, just as courtesy. She responded as pic related. I didn't think anything of it, but according to one of my friends you don't do that to a girl you're trying to flirt with.

Is shaking a girls hand when introducing yourself really THAT bad? I just thought it was common courtesy to do that when meeting someone.
>>
>>16917912
It's literally not a big deal at all. Maybe she's just bad at handshakes.

Don't be an aspie about it but a casual handshake is totally chill
>>
Unless conducting business, I don't shake hands with men.

Learn some gender roles.
>>
>>16917915
Good. I didn't think it was bad at all, but my friend said "Dude you're such a fucking idiot" and I started rethinking that and thinking "Holy fuck he's right."

>>16917916
What are you even on about?
>>
>>16917912
Gently grasping her fingertips is the classic way of shaking a woman's hand as a man.
A more formal greeting, maybe, but a lot of girls are charmed by a little old-fashioned formality.
Don't listen to your friend; just do what's natural for you.
>>
>>16917912
Your friend has no idea what hes talking about.
Yes you are a little autistic. But what youve done is far better than the alternative.
YOUVE BROKEN THE TOUCH BARRIER
Its like taking a little damage at the beginning of the relationship because you are in a far better position than the alternatives.
>>16917916
You'd have to be autistic as well to reject a handshake. When forced into a situation you dont like you have to go with the flow and then inform the person when the times come. Have you never been bombarded with odd customs from a different culture.
>>
You're supposed to hug them you dingus.

One time I met up with a girl from OKcupid and didn't hug her when we met, she got in my car and I started moving around things to get ready to go.

She got really pissed off, and barely talked the whole time. She eventually asked me to bring her home early.

Right after I dropped her off, I met up with another girl from Okcupid and when we met I gave her a hug and lifted her off the ground. She loved it.
>>
>>16918120
So humor me. What could I have done better? I get being in a social situation, but how do you just up and hug a total stranger without any backlash? And what did you have in mind as "the alternative"?
>>
Shaking hands with a girl is pretty much the male version of friendzoning desu.
>>
>>16918138

Not sure if this is a convincing troll... or just that someone honest to god really thinks that way...

>>16918282
>So humor me. What could I have done better? I get being in a social situation, but how do you just up and hug a total stranger without any backlash?

Different anon, but you just say hi move forward towards them and they move towards you and you move your chins so you don't bump and they do the same, and you do a light hug.

Natural (natural enough that that was awkward as fuck to describe).

Honestly though, what you did was fine.

It's all good as long as you don't try to kiss her hand (which is cringe worthy unless you're a Hemsworth brother or foreign royalty)
>>
>>16917912
as a grill, a handshake is really normal and id prefer it over hugging a stranger, and its better than no touch at all.
>>
>>16918301
Depends on the situation, sometimes a handshake is appropriate.

Always make eye contact and smile when she does.

If you're meeting a girl that you met online or meeting a girl for a date, go for a hug. It shows confidence and breaks the ice.
>>
I actually really like a handshake upon meeting someone.
>>
>>16918310
I always thought that hugging a stranger you met not even 10 minutes ago was WAY too forward, and that a handshake is good to break the barrier but not necessarily go overboard.
>>
>>16917912
Why are you even flirting with a girl before marriage bro?
I hope you didn't make eye contact with her.
Oh.. Make sure you get her parents permission before asking her out on a date too.
Maybe get the local priest to check after you've had sex to make sure she was actually a virgin...
>>
>>16918313

Oh I agree with that, just not the, "The reason this one hated me was because I didn't pick her up and hug her off the ground" creeper logic.
>>
Handshake is fine
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.