[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't have any dreams or illusions. Nothing excites me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I don't have any dreams or illusions.
Nothing excites me

I don't have any important goal in life. I want to extend my lifespan as much as possible (Ray Kurzweil, etc.) and to live a comfortable life with minimum stress. I don't have any bigger professional goals (of course I will always try to improve and I have a couple ideas for a startup, but I'm fine already).
I want to live in my actual city (Madrid) forever.

Nothing really excites me. I'm not interested into displaying wealth or even trying to become rich because I want to avoid crime happening to me. Rich women bore me. Women bore me. They attract me, I fuck them and they bore me. I don't want kids. I don't want pressures in my life. I'm the unwanted product of unprotected sex. If a wealthy woman appears, a woman that can't ruin me financially and it's good, and let's me fuck other women if so I please (while she doesn't fuck anybody else) maybe I'd have kids.

But I have no illusions.
Playing VR games maybe.
Becoming a cyborg and exploring the Universe (if we get to that point).

I even think that the end of the human species is near. Not because of war or anything. We'll just trascend what it's now considered human. We will enhance our senses, enjoy the nanoworld, the picoworld, maybe other dimensions. It will be fun for a while. After that, emotions won't be needed (outdated mechanism of survival), and everything will be moot. We may be comprised into nanoscopic particles able to travel instantly from any part of the universe to the other.

My instincts dominate me (hunger, sexual desire...) but after I satisfy them, there's nothing. Reading about anti-aging and science, playing some games... but that's for a while. I'm self realized, but I don't want to impress. It seems that the approval of other people is what drives us. If you don't need it, you are psychologically dead.

Anybody feels like this?
>>
Please fall down the stairs.
>>
But why would any of that make you want to extend your lifespan?
>>
>>16917508
Go outside and take a walk, everyone has ambitions, trust me and the only thing that makes you not think so is staying in your house overthinking things.
Go to a place full of people and socialoze, if taking a walk doesn't cut it, get lost in the world of people, drama and life. Whether you like it or not, humans are social creatures and as long as you're human, my plans will work.
>>
>>16917566
You won't think of it as much
>>
>>16917508
I very much agree with your sentiment, but you wont live that life. Not with average income. You will probably have to be in the 1% to achieve immortality if you are born before 2010
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.