[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to split up with my girlfriend because our relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1455997396873.gif (902 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1455997396873.gif
902 KB, 500x750
I have to split up with my girlfriend because our relationship isn't helping neither of us. We're always in pain, always crying, always arguing, always apologizing to each other for the nasty stuff we've said, our lives are a mess. But we love each other so much and we've done so much for each other we don't want to leave each other. I'm scared though /adv/. I'm scared of losing her, I'm scared of the pain I'm going to inflict on her and myself, I'm scared of being alone, I'm scared any other experience in my life will feel empty without her, I'm scared because there's no way back. All I want to know is if it gets easier in the long run.
>>
It does.
>>
Me too OP ):

I'm in the exact same situation with my bf. We broke up a week ago. I love him so much. We're often unhappy. I feel like he didn't meet my emotional needs much, and it was so shitty to want that and not get it. It made me really resent him. I'm absolutely terrified of leaving, I feel like once he moves out that's it and it's over and I can't ever have him back.

I know from past relationship experience that even when youve been crushed it will always get better with time. So that's good I guess.
>>
>>16916455
Hey OP, can feel where you're coming from. Me and my gf split in october and then hooked up over the holiday season.

As far as I know, shes now seeing someone regularly which hurts like hell(similar to when we broke up). Honestly though, the question I always asked, and what you are asking, is it worth the risk?

Its hard to define but in the end all, it is. You have one life op and sometimes you have to realise that you are better off without each other. Being down and sad is a great time for self-reflexivity and development.

I can only imagine you two are your early 20s. Everything feels frightening and confusing but thats life, sometimes you have to take the plunge alone.

I'm sorry because its never easy, but one day you may look back and remember how scared you were and how you could've never imagine what were to happen next. Keep a chin up, it'll be okay.
>>
>>16916455

what? being with her? it depends. most people learn not to talk about certain things, and just kidna become 'roommates' in life who have sex (hopefully).

but some people dont. thats why divorce happens.
>>
>>16916493
>>16917415
How do you cope with the feeling that perhaps you will never find someone you can connect as well as you did with this other person and that all of your relationships after that will be a step down from the one before and eventually you'll have to settle for a boring, dull and joyless thing simply because you'll be too old to keep trying and it looks like it's enough to spend the rest of your life with this one, and maybe thirty or forty years down the line you'll regret everything and it all comes down to this very decision of breaking up with this person
>>
>>16917466
or maybe your next relationship would've been a billion times better and perfect in every single way if only you'd had the guts to break up the first one

fuck life is hard
>>
>>16917466
i cope with it by knowing that i've had that feeling before, and looking back, those guys I felt that way about were total niggers. complete trash. that's not to say he is- i dont think ill ever stop loving him. i just don't think he's the only guy out there in the billions of people in the world. though it's unnerving to think i might never connect so well and be so intimate with anyone else.
>>
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but an ex from a while ago just emailed me after a month of not talking and cofessed she has feelings for me and wants to try things again... Idk what to do :/
>>
>>16916464
>It does.

yes.

>>16916493

>even when youve been crushed...

yes

>>16917415
>You have one life op

and you don't get a rebate if it doesnt work out.

If you're both hurt, but you both care, its basically one of the best kinds of splits because you're not actively trying to damage one another out of vindictiveness.

but BEFORE you break things, you guys need to have a drink and TALK about what your short term life goals, your long term life goals, and then talk about how you see being a couple would work in both of those.

and if you both start saying things about just planning that make you realise things aren't right, you'll be able to both see it more easily and decide what to do next from there.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.