[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how is a working couples supposed to be there for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
So, how is a working couples supposed to be there for the first few years of their child's life?

My mom was a stay-at-home mom for the first seven years of my life, and the first 4 years of my younger sister's life...... now you know, I couldn't imagine not having a regular job for 7 years so that's probably a bit too much these days, but...

I disagree with sending the child to a full day daycare before like the age 5. And even then, daycare would only be necessary for a few hours after elementary school...

But before elementary school, how can a couple with two jobs be there for the first 4 years of the child's life?

Perhaps the dad would work day shift and the wife would work swing shift, so the mom is there during the day (works at 1:30 PM, gets home at night), and the dad is there in the evening? Actually, if the mom works Swing shift, that means that she'd sleep during the day... So that idea wouldn't work.

HOW DO WORKING COUPLES DO IT????
>>
They do it by
>having one parent work full time and the other part time and sending the kid to day care part time
>both working full time and sending the kid to day care
>some workplaces have creches
>having relatives who can help out
>working in shifts
>>
They don't. However there is a happy medium, namely the help of other family members. It's not so bad if aunts/uncles/grandparents take care of the kid during the day. They're still around family in familiar settings. Parents get face time during weekends and time off. That can work.
>>
>>16915755
Part time. Different shifts. Help from family.

My mom worked from 7 AM to 1 PM, my dad worked from 2 PM to 21 PM till I was 2 or 3. Then my mom had to work in the afternoon, I stayed at my grandparents after daycare.
>>
>>16915766
To add on to this, my mother's friend has two grandkids, aged 1 and 5. The mother leaves for work early, while the father gets himself and the kids up and ready later. He drops them off at school/day care. Since the mother started work early, she finishes early and picks up the kids. Then the family spend evenings together. The grandparents are always on hand to help out where needed too.

My parents were lucky in that they owned their own business that my mother looked after while my dad worked. Even luckier that there was a day care/kindergarten 2 minutes down the road in one direction, and a a couple of schools 2 minutes down the road in the other.
>>
Don't have kids yet but my girlfriend and I have a good relationship with our own and each others parents, and since all 4 are retired I wouldn't hesitate to ask them to help out with the babysitting. They're trustworthy, it brings the family closer,and it's free.
>>
I opened my own store when I was pregnant so I could take my son with me to work. I didn't want him to spend most of his childhood being raised by someone else but I am the sole provider. I didn't have much start up costs and I didn't make a ton of money but I was able to have him with me. You could try to find a job that lets you bring them with you. Like working at a daycare or even privately watching one or two other kids in your home for the extra income. Could work overnight so you are away while they are asleep. I used to work overnight and paid someone to come sit at my house and babysit while my son slept. My job allowed me to sleep while I was working over night because I was just in home care for an elderly lady. I had a baby monitor and slept while she did. So when I got home I didn't have to sleep and spent the day with him.
>>
>>16915755
>So, how is a working couples supposed to be there for the first few years of their child's life?

They don't. Feminism thinks it's bad when chicks want to raise babies. Chicks should want to do what men do, not chick stuff.
>>
>>16915755

they dont. they hire a nanny, a babysitter, or get daycare. poorer families rely on on extended families so have a grandparent doing all the baby work while they earn the cash.

there isnt a time warp here. if you can afford to take off, you should til they are about 3. then send them to daycare.

the sad truth is that we grow up without parents. its funny cuz parents constantly say 'i didnt raise you to do XX' but the reality of the situation is that parents barely get to raise their kids.

things varied in time and culture, but for a large part of the world the kids worked for the parents, and grew up doing the grunt work to keep the house and farm and whatnot running. parents taught their kids by being with them throughout the day.

now you see your parents hwen they get home from work, which boils down to some TV time and dinner. on weekends you see em a bit but you spend more and more of that itme wtih friends or just playin video games.

parenthood has become a joke really.
>>
>>16916211
>>16916199
All these 'they don't' but I did it. And on my own. My son is five now and in kindergarten.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.