[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I cope with insults online? I know it's childish,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1433429832187.jpg (19 KB, 447x495) Image search: [Google]
1433429832187.jpg
19 KB, 447x495
How do I cope with insults online? I know it's childish, but this one insult really got to me. It's all I'm thinking about right now.
>>
if it's an imageboard close the tab

if it's something like facebook where you have an identity you're fugged
>>
>>16915557

Tell us
>>
>>16915557
We need to know the insult.
Basically it hit somewhere close to home. Nothing you can do about it. They got you. Accept you lost.
>>
>>16915557
This is what I don't understand with people like you. You've already answered your own question. Its the fucking internet. Close the page. Turn off the screen. Avoid places where you are insulted. Its that fucking simple.

If an insult ever affects you in real life or wherever, if you can't escape it, you use it as fuel. Put it in the ba k of your head and use it as fuel. To prove that person wrong. To better yourself, or to achieve something. Don't complain about. Don't make small thing in to petty squabbles. Don't fucking be part of the group that needs a safe place. Because the last thing this world needs is another pussy just waiting to get fucked.
>>
There is absolutely no cost to just cast it from your mind and leave it behind
>>
>>16915557
have you tried not being such a faggot?
>>
The insult hurts because it struck a nerve with what you are already insecure about.
In essence, even if you don't browse here or have no contact with the person who insulted you, the pain will still be there because the insecurity will still exist.

Address that and then you'll feel better.
>>
>>16915557
I've gotten caught up in this when I have been already stressed out and emotionally vulnerable, then I somehow get into an argument online.

It's hard at first for some bizarre reason, but you just close the tab and distract yourself. As I kept doing that it gets easier anytime it happens.

As much as you want to defend yourself over the Internet, it really is pointless because people who do insult others are not looking to practice empathy or hear what you have to say.

I mean, fuck, embarrassingly enough, I have cried many a time over threads on /adv/ if I felt attacked. But if it's 4chan, the nice thing is, no one knows you. I can be a blubbering insufferable faggot in one thread, and a helpful good guy in another thread, then a shitposting cunt in another. And anions don't know who I am. That helps me cope with being insulted on here.
>>
OP sounds like a Bernie Sanders supporter that got btfo.
>>
>>16915557
Someone called you a cuck, didn't they?
>>
You're fat and ugly?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.