[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started dating a guy, and he keeps asking me out but I hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: OKwyh7n.jpg (305 KB, 855x1200) Image search: [Google]
OKwyh7n.jpg
305 KB, 855x1200
I started dating a guy, and he keeps asking me out but I hate going out.

I said yes once and we went to some cafe and it was okay I didn't die obviously but I would have way more fun eating at home.

My idea of fun is going on a run/hike together or going to a nice park, or staying home and playing video games...

I really don't like going out to restaurants/bars/karaoke things, especially if it's a "date" it just makes me uncomfortable. Yes I have social anxiety but I was treated for it and now it's not as bad.

I don't want to be a bitch to the guy and just say no to everything he suggests though...

What to do?
>>
Jesus, you are a female version of me and I hate you.
>>
There's nothing bitchy about making your own suggestions in place of his. It only sucks when your date shoots down an idea *and then offers no ideas of their own.*
>>
Those sound like legitimate date activities...just suggest them.
>>
>>16915514
Understandable...

>>16915516
Okay. But I think my suggestions will be too boring for him as he is so extroverted...
>>
>>16915531
If he doesn't at least one thing you like to do to spend your time, then you don't want to date him.
>>
>>16915531

Even if the place is important for date the guy don't come for it but for you.

I think a "boring" place where you can be yourself would be a better date location than an hype cafe where you can't really enjoy the moment

it's not only about him

and btw if he is that ectrovert he should be openminded enough to accept a date in some random location
>>
>>16915531
If your lifestyle is too boring for him then you wouldn't make for a good relationship partner. This is the entire point of dating. It wouldn't mean that you fucked anything up. This is just how you discover bad matches.

I hope you're capable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes for a second, right? Can you try doing that and then asking yourself what the sensible thing to do is if he finds you boring?
>>
>>16915531

Aren't going on a run, hike, and the park all pretty extroverted activities?

And if he shuts down everything you think could be fun, you guys just aren't compatible in the first place.

I'm not saying you need to be clones of one another, but if you can't have fun when you're with one another, then you don't have much of a future.

Dates should be you doing what you think is fun, and if you're lucky, they're having fun too, adding up to you both having a blast greater than you could have alone.
>>
Try dating someone who is not an extrovert.
>>
>>16915513
you find a dude that shares your inclinations. theyre out there, id be into that sort of thing
>>
>>16915531
>we don't fit together because I like different things than him
Ok so cut it off?
Just suggest the stuff.
>>
File: 1428799629068.jpg (158 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1428799629068.jpg
158 KB, 900x900
>>16915513
>What to do?
why dont you tell him , stupi d cunt
>>
Why don't you tell him how you feel? Maybe he'd actually rather do that stuff and he's just suggesting stuff that he thinks you might like?
>>
This is bad op. It's not wilful harm but it's very similar harm. You're not gonna deny dates or force yourself onto dates all the time right? This isn't a long term relationship, you're not setup for it. It's short term at best and you're not really enjoying yourself.

So cut it out and let him move on.
Or see if he can like what you want to do.
You're wasting his and your time in both cases.
>>
OP here.

I followed your advice and told him that I like doing simple things and suggested we can watch a movie at my house. He said He'll be happy to.

I will see if he is okay with this kind of time spending and if not, yeah, we are not compatible.

By the way, the activities I suggested outside are not "extroverted" in my eyes because you don't need to see or talk people doing them... But something like bowling, you need to listen to people yell and talk and be among them all the time.
>>
>>16915513
>Staying home and playing video games.
Why can't I find a girl like you. You're literally perfect. You like hiking, games, and not going out.

But anyways, try and make a compromise with him, or maybe try to make him understand that you don't really like going out a lot.

To be honest, I'm in the same position as you, except I'm single. But anyways, I hope I could help.
>>
>>16915513
Post about it on 4chan and pray Jesus reads your thread tonight so he can whispher it in his ears
>>
I'm pretty extroverted but my best relationships have been with introverts. We both get out of our comfort zones and generally become more well rounded individuals. I never would have found out that I enjoy sketching if it weren't for my first gf, and she never would have found out she likes concerts.
>>
Relationships are about compromise. Sometimes you gotta go out with him and spend sometime outside of your comfortzone. (Chances are you will end up with some good memories) if he isnt willing to have somr intimate date setting and compromise as well it isnt gonna work for you. You both gotta sacrifice a little. Dont just dump him because you dont wanna go outside your home ever
>>
>>16915513
>hey you know what would also be cool?
>haha going to the park!

it really isn't rocket science
>>
>>16915513
does he ask you alot and how many dates have you been on
>>
>>16915513
Fuuuark this girl's so close to being beautiful, shame she's flat.
>>
>>16915513

Reply for posting Katherine McNamara.

This doesn't sound like it's going to work though, I couldn't date a girl who just wanted to sit at home or go wander around in nature all the time. I need contact with people, and I like to be seen with my girlfriends, as narcissistic as that sounds.

I'd maybe bring it up to him, because maybe he's more into what you want to do than he lets on, but thinks you're "supposed" take a girl out? If this is his personality, you might just not be a fit.
>>
>>16915513
why dont you suggest something to him? there's no reason for him to have to be the one coming up with ideas on what to do. its okay for you to tell him you don't like going out.
>>
>>16915513
TELL HIM. This isn't difficult, if you can't talk then don't be in a relationship.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.