[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to obtain an intact ribcage.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: images-86.jpg (23 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images-86.jpg
23 KB, 443x332
I need a clean, dry and intact ribcage for a project.

Was thinking of buying a roast chicken then leaving the ribcage in a tank of meal.worms to strip it bare.

Anyone know any better?
>>
>>16914592
a chickens ribcage is very small, but if it doesn't matter to you I'd just peel all the meat off a roast chicken

boiling would work
maybe just drying it in he sun

worms would take a long time and make a real mess
>>
flesh eating beetles
>>
File: 11243721_df4c1886f1.jpg (14 KB, 272x322) Image search: [Google]
11243721_df4c1886f1.jpg
14 KB, 272x322
just ask a butcher
>>
The best way to get rid of the flesh is to boil the animal in a large pot for several hours. If you stir around while it's boiling the flesh will be very loose and you can easily separate the the bone, and you will have a nice white ribcage entirely free from flesh. Keep in mind though you need a large pot, and you have to boil it for several hours, maybe the whole day. We did this with fox skull when we were young, worked perfect.
>>
>>16914682
>>16914738
Seems like boiling is the way to go thanks guys
>>
>>16914748

Yep, go with boiling.

Vet student here, and this is how our department prepares any skeleton samples. They have a huge industrial sized pot that they boil femurs etc in all day long.
>>
>>16916012
How do I make the bones look worn? Like they were baking in the desert? Bake them?
>>
Tank of piranha
>>
File: 2.jpg (24 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
24 KB, 500x305
>>16914592
Vinegar
>>
>>16916694
Paint them. You dont wanna bake bones.The stank is rank
>>
>>16916694
if you killed someone you should just grind the bones to powder.

if you ever seen the t.v show bones that shit is %100 evidence
>>
>>16916881
Hmm hmm good idea maybe tea stains.
>>16916907
Yes the one with the deschanel sister that has the masculine jawline.

Unfortunately its not homicide, just a stop motion set
>>
boiling is going to fucking stink, so make sure you can vent that shit out
>>
>>16914592
Maybe find a local butcher and ask if you can have the rib cage of some animal larger than a chicken? Otherwise I know there are companies that sell embalmed animal bodies and parts that may have what you need.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.