[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does giving money to people to help them pay for college count
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: flip women.jpg (407 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
flip women.jpg
407 KB, 1600x1200
Does giving money to people to help them pay for college count as donations and can be claimed on taxes?

I like helping friends from overseas pay for college but lately I've been thinking I should probably use this on my taxes next time around.

How do I do this?
>>
Unless your friends operate a government recognised charity, no, those do not count as "donations" and cannot be claimed as taxes. While yes theoretically you could write up on your tax returns as they are donations and do not actually have to provide proof unless and until your tax returns are being audited, I do not recommend this.

I would recommend setting some kind of arrangement up with a religious organisation you are a part of/friendly with to set up a fund for these overseas students and paying money through that fund.
>>
>>16914502
thanks this is the kind of answer I'm looking for
>>
File: fp.jpg (31 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
fp.jpg
31 KB, 500x314
>>16914492
> I like helping friends from overseas pay for college
Please tell me you don't send money to some Philipino girl you found over the Internet
>>
>>16914518

And what would be wrong with that, virgin?
>>
>>16914525
Nothing, if you like being used.
>>
How much are you paying anon? I find the idea pretty cool.
Could probably make good employees this way.
>>
>>16914492
No. The IRS only allows deductions to registered Charities, not to individuals.256
>>
>>16914604
like $200 to $500

>>16914586
>Nothing, if you like being used.
It makes me hard honestly.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.