[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me eat please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x612
Have 8 hours between shifts, during which time I need to sleep and get ready for work again. Also there's no food at home. And I want to eat high quality health foods.

What to do? I really need to start meal planning in advance and making large batches of food I can freeze to eat when I want. But yeah what should I get to eat? Simple easy foods, hopefully high in calories. That take no time to prepare and etc.
>>
>>16913997
is that a picture of a young sarah silverman?
>>
>>16913997

Do you have access to
>Kitchen?
>Transportation?
>Market?
>Restaurants?
>Friends/coworkers who'll help with food if you provide the funding?
>>
Soylent.
DIY recipes are readily available, cheaper than the commercial version, and avoid the G/I side effects the original comes with.

It's not for everyone but I think for your scenario you should look into it. You can prepare the mix the day before, leave it in the fridge while you sleep, and then grab it on the way out etc.
>>
>>16913997

Quit your job?
>>
>>16914004
That's Chan omg. How do you not know this.

>>16914008
Yes to all but the last. I get off at 6am and want to sleep right away but maybe could stop by Walmart first? And I need as much sleep as possible so cooking is mostly out.

>>16914009
What even is this? Sounds hardcore processed and therefore something I don't want to eat.

>>16914016
If only, right? It's unfortunate but some of us need to work :P
>>
>>16913997
All you need is bulk chicken or a big piece of beef(cheaper than buying individual steak cuts and you can choose how thick to cut) cut up into steaks. Frozen vegetables are nutritious and cheap.

Brine and oven bake the chicken to keep it joosy and if you have a freezer and a microwave you're set for the week.
>>
>>16914021
Soylent as a commercial product is heavily processed and is basically just liquid nutrients. Being processed doesn't mean unhealthy, remember. Containing unhealthy things is unhealthy.

The DIY ones are cheaper, crowd sourced versions of the same thing; they aren't necessarily as processed or unnatural, but do as a requirement contain all the nutrients you need per a normal active day.

Also
>being picky when the alternative is starving
>>
>>16914021
oh a musician

describe her music so i can determine if i want to listen or not
>>
>>16914031
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFPLdghtEBI

>>16914026
Maybe a pound of grass fed beef and some frozen veggies. Fry it all together and eat fast. Good idea.

>>16914029
I'm in the "simple is best" camp when it comes to food. Soylent doesn't sound like something I'd trust desu. Natural foods yes yes.

Maybe I'll buy some kefir too.
>>
>>16914029
>Also
>>being picky when the alternative is starving

I'm amazing and deserve the absolute best foods. Nothing less :)

Ever.
>>
>>16913997

depends how much money you have.

but generally its a s simple as
>make a list of foods you want
>go out and buy them

thats life. whe n i have a busy week coming i cook a weeks worth of food in advance. then just pack them in my bag each morning. its nice. fruits and veggies as snacks.
>>
>>16914147
What kinds of meals do you make? I gotta figure this shit out desu. So bad at time management and things :(
>>
>>16914144
You're an uptight and high maintenance cunt. You deserve to starve. You're probably fat.
>>
>>16914280
Look I can't help that I'm the best. It really gets to be burdensome, needing to be consistently awesome lest I let everyone down. But I do have a responsibility to the world. I must press on.

Which means high quality organic foods and lots of yoga. I do it for you :)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.