[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he over it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
I've gone out on a date with this guy twice now, he only messages me when he is asking to hang out otherwise i do not hear from him, after our last date which was almost a week ago he has not asked to see me again, yet he did kiss me bye.. I'm confused he acts so interested in person but i am not feeling this right now.. help from the perspective of a guy is he trying not to look desperate or is he just not into me.. I'm confused
>>
I know for me personally i don't really like non-personal interaction. I don't really text anyone except for two friends that live really far away. If I do contact someone, it's to ask them to hangout. It took my girlfriend a while to get used to that and we kind of met in the middle. I now semi frequently text her but if we're together she gets all of my time but she knows that if I'm by myself it just mean I want to be by myself.
I dunno if that's what this guy is like but i hope that helps some.
>>
You should've blown him
>>
>>16913921
You do what most females do and read too much into the frequency of our texting patterns.

Just text him and say: "hey I don't mean to be weird, but I haven't heard from you in a while, are you doing okay?"
>>
but if i text him i feel like i look desperate..because i think to myself if he actually wanted to talk to me he would right?
plus hes 3 years older so maybe that might be part of it
>>
>>16913921
>>16914025

you two sound terrible, like you're playing mind games on each other. if a guy asks you out, then he most probably likes you. and since you care so much about him to start a thread about him and think about him, then you probably like him too, but both of you suck at communication.

how far apart were date 1 and date 2?
>>
date one was feb 29, then he asked me march 2 to go out but i couldn't so the second time was march 9
>>
>>16914033
date one was feb 29, then he asked me march 2 to go out but i couldn't so the second was march 9
>>
>>16913982
but if i text him i feel like i look desperate.. because i think to myself if he actually wanted to talk to me he would right? plus he's 3 years older so maybe that might be part of it
>>
>>16913962
thanks that helps a lot it sounds pretty much the same
>>
>>16914042

ok, could you really not go, or were you trying to slow things down?

if i were him i'd see that as a "whoa, slow down" sign from you

could be he thought he was going too fast in your eyes, and he's now too afraid of appearing desperate, so he's waiting it out

to me it sounds like you might've goofed.. i'd text him if i were you, "hey how's things", just show him i was still available. if he's still interested he'll use the opportunity to set a new date.
>>
Eat his weener
>>
>>16914053
he wanted to go out at like 10 but i told him it was too late cuz i had school early the next morning so he's like okay well do something next week which was the 9. i guess i see what you mean where this time he decided to wait longer..
also when he tried to kiss me the first time i kind of didn't let it happen then we did end up kissing and he laughed and said i was so shy
i want to text him but again i feel like thats what he should be doing since he is older and the guy i don't want to seem desperate
>>
>>16913921

the advice i give most men here i nregards to texting is to only use it to guarantee the next date, then just check in to make sure that date is still on, and thats it.

men are busy creatures. any man that is worth a damn doesnt have time to text you frequently or much at all. we have hobbies and interests that require us to actually focus.
>>
>>16914073
okay well thats good to know... I've never come across a guy who does that so this is a first for me
>>
>>16914073

Please tell me you're joking. Even ER doctors in war zones have spare time to send a text.

That guy either thought OP wasn't interested enough in him when she pushed him away for the kiss, or when she was flaking on the dinner date (which every human being knows what a dinner date hints at (what happens afterwards - SEX)) and he's laying low and waiting for her to get ready and text him..

Or.. he's put 2 and 2 together and decided a girl who's not into him isn't worth his time.

Or he's prioritized some unrelated factor which is keeping him extremely extremely busy.

We just don't know. OP could wait another week and if she doesn't get a pip from him by then, she could try and talk to him to see what's going on. If that doesn't result in a new date then it's a lost cause.
>>
>>16914107
hey i didn't flake on the second date he asked last minute, as i said he only messages to go out so i asked if we could do a diff day at a better time.

i also warned him that I'm shy and awkward so i don't think the kiss would have bothered him cuz he knows I'm shy

yes we don't know that is why this is confusing.. should i just message him or do you think i should wait to see if he says anything first, like you said even ER doctors have time to shoot out a text.
>>
>>16914124

Sure, wait till the weekend, then text him and try to set up a dinner date with him. You haven't told us much about this guy. Maybe he's used to faster escalation - kissing at the end of date one, and sex after dinner on date two.

You kind of closed yourself off and that's fine. Maybe he doesn't know how to deal with that. But you gotta show him he still has a chance. You DO like him physically, right? You DO see yourself having sex with him eventually?

Cos if I was him I'd be thinking the odds were against me. If he hasn't texted you by the end of the week, ask him how he's doing. It's silly but he's not stupid. If he likes you he'll get the hint and try to set up a date.

A week or even more between dates isn't at all desperate. Some people lose their shit after day 3, some can't even wait till the next day to text and set up a new date. A week or a bit over a week is the perfect place where you wanna be between dates.
>>
>>16914172
sorry i didn't clarify it properly, he kissed me end of date two, by how he comes off i really do not see him trying to have sex with me which is a good thing in my opinion.
ill wait a couple more days thanks a lot i feel much better now lol
>>
>>16914196

>by how he comes off i really do not see him trying to have sex with me which is a good thing in my opinion

Yeah, it's a good sign that he doesn't just wanna pump and dump. However, you didn't answer an important question - do you wanna have sex with him?

If you don't have romantic feelings for him, why are you even dating?
>>
>>16914045
men don't think the same way women do. just ask him already, you have nothing to lose.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.