[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1457328276666.jpg (37 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1457328276666.jpg
37 KB, 395x395
How feasible is it to move to another city or state and just start over? I'm only 23 but I honestly feel like that's my only shot at doing something with my life. I dropped out of community college 2 years ago because that's not what I wanted. I know that sounds stupid but I know it's not for me. I've come to realize that I'm gonna die alone and miserable so why should I bust my ass in school just so maybe I can earn a lot of money. I'm never gonna have a wife and kids, have friends to hang out with, or anybody else depend on me for that matter. I mean, sure I'd like to have a lot of money but if I don't it's fine. I just want to live until I die, it's as simple as that. While people my age are now finishing up school I'm still not sure what I want to do. The only time I've come close to that was during one of my drunk rambling with a guy from work. It was a few years ago when we drank a couple of beers and talked about what we wanted to do with our lives. I said that I wanted to get away from the city and live in a small town or farm he then told me that moving wouldn't change a thing unless I changed myself. He might be right but maybe he's not. So how can I make this happen? At the moment I only have 2k saved up but if I come up with a solid plan I could save up twice that or more in a few months. So any suggestions?
>>
>>16913837
>moving wouldn't change a thing unless I changed myself
I agree with this, that's what I ended up learning. But you're young, find out for yourself.
>>
>>16913837
I can't help you out OP since I'm younger and more of a loser than you but that's a stupid image, living like shit or living great won't matter when you're dead but compared to other mammals humans live for a very long time.
>>
i agree that moving wouldn't change a thing unless you change yourself.
However if you really want to move it's extremely feasible.
Personally i decided to go to college a few years ago but I purposefully chose a small far-away school where I didn't know anyone. I "reinvented" myself and tried new things. Interestingly enough i found that the me I wanted to be wasn't all that different from what i was in my hometown. my personality didn't change much but my mental health definitely improved.
If your're talking form a purely financial standpoint, i would say it's quite doable. my cousin got on a bus with 5 grand and disappeared into rural Texas for a year. when he finally contacted us again he had found a stable job that he really enjoyed at a stockyard.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.