[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become better at admitting or accepting when I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
How do I become better at admitting or accepting when I'm wrong about something and apologizing for being a douche canoe about it?

Also how do I get better at just being more chill and not giving as much of a fuck about things or getting angry/upset about them?

These are 2 things I really hate about myself and want to change. I'm 100% sure that it's probably because I'm really insecure and have self esteem issues. The only thing that's ever worked for me was either pot or alcohol, but I'd like to figure out how to do it without being high or drunk all the time.
>>
I think that I used to be in a similar situation. I don't know the specifics of what you're going through but what worked for me, oddly enough, was, in a way, being less confident. I used to be really insecure so I over compensated and boldly took positions and stuck with them. I found that when I really passionately took a position on something I found it really embarrassing to change my mind. The trick is to still have opinions but always try to present them as your best understanding based on what you currently know. if it's an actual argument where you don't want to seem abrasive, always end your points by asking the other person what they think or ask them to explain there point of view. the more you can de-escalate a conversation from an argument to a discussion the easier it is to change your mind. the reason being is your not admitting defeat or losing to the other person, but coming to a solution together
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.