[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Colleges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Colleges.jpg (255 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
Colleges.jpg
255 KB, 1600x990
ITT talk of your college experience and recommend tips for a senior like me (or others) on which one to attend. I am thinking a service academy but I am not sure. Give me /adv/.
>>
>inb4 colleges are a sham
They kinda are, yet they are a necessity for someone wanting to get a good job nowadays, so no one wants to hear it.
>>
I tried college after I got out of the military. It was miserable. So I dropped out and luckily got a job making $54,000/yr
>>
>>16913338
Make your college experience worthwhile. Don't just go and get good grades. Actually try to get something meaningful out of your classes, even the mandatory ones. The quality of your education isn't up to your professors: it's up to you. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be ahead of the game.
>>
kk
>be me, 18
> smart, high achieving student
>poorfag with no major, go to cc to figure it out
>desu been clinically depressed my whole life, didn't know it until i bombed at cc
>start treatment, drop out for a year, super shitty, incredibly lonely, stuck in violent and dysfunctional homelife
>come back year later, high grades in hard classes, one of the most difficult things I've done
>at university world renowned for astrophysics
>learn about stars and the universe, fascinating
>tons of friends, people i care about and love
>maximum depression, have apparently had ADD this whole time as well
>probably switching majors because I'm about to tank my finals, maybe medical withdrawal.

Welp, that's about it. I hate this.
>>
I recommend hurrying the fuck up. American universities are slowly transitioning into shitty social justice daycares. It's really fucking disgusting to what was once an intellectual haven become a housing place for shitlords and false victims. Try to avoid places that force gender studies and intersectional bullshit on you regardless of major. I had to sit though a semester of the shit because I double majored in English. Apparently victims are more important to my understanding of English than Shakespeare
>>
>>16913373
small edit
*transferred to a university for astro, didn't start there.
>>
>>16913374
I'm guessing you went to Berkley? I remember reading something about critical theory being mandatory for English lit majors, but Shakespeare wasn't
>>
Don't go unless you actually want to and know what you want to study.
>>
>>16913338
Give us more info faggot
We cant just tell you what to do
What do YOU want to do? Career wise in life?

Don't go to college if you don't even know. You'll be wasting your time and money
>>
>>16913374

This guy here>>16913366

I dropped out because of what you said. I will never have a degree because it's fucking gay

Oh also, OP. Get a job during college.
>>
>>16913338
Lol "service academe" you'd have needed to start that ball rolling the summer before junior year for a good shot at those unless you're getting like a perfect SAT score and know Both a senator and general to vouch for u
>>
Lmao why is Fresno state in that pic

Fucking trash
>>
Academy* sorry on mobile. That being said college is fucking awesome it's the best time of your life as long as you get an employable degree it's a fast track to six figures plus it's incredible networking which while the opportunity cost of going to college might be high in immediate net $$ in the end chances are pretty good that those 4 years will give you a job without a glass ceiling etc
>>
>>16913441

>it's the best time of your life

Why do you say that?
>>
>tfw CS major
>too late to switch to CE
I dun goofed
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.