[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone overcome their depression and anxiety? I typically have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 32297.jpg (28 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
32297.jpg
28 KB, 300x212
Anyone overcome their depression and anxiety? I typically have the hardest time with motivation and energy, despite improving diet, medicating, etc. Anxiety attacks aren't as bad as they used to be, but because I only get them around my girlfriend I worry she will one day get tired of my mental issue popping up time to time.
>>
Sometimes if I manage to wake up, get showered, and leave the house early enough in the day, I'll take an adderall and will spend the day at the library looking for a job. But often I wait too long into the day to get started and end up wasting the whole day.
>>
>>16913361
Adderall likely wouldn't help me especially since stimulants can make anxiety worse. Sorry to hear about your issues as well.
>>
OP I had severe OCD for a couple years and it fucked with me for most of college but I learned to control it and fight back. I still have moments where I let it get to me but I'm doing better. Keep your head up and think about what you can do every day to improve your lifestyle. It doesn't happen right away, it starts with baby steps on the way to improving.

Anything specific you want to ask?
>>
>>16913405
I think I'm mostly at the biggest hurdle. I'm eating better, I exercise more, I take my medication regularly, talk to a therapist, and read books on my condition. But it feels like despite all these big changes, results are much much smaller.
>>
>>16913432
Do you think you're doing a lot of the same every day or do you keep things fresh?

If I get the feeling like I'm stagnating in my life then I want to change it up and find something new. I'm always taking on new hobbies or ways to meet new people. The worst thing I ever did was build a habit of isolation from others. Makes you afraid and uncomfortable with new things.
>>
citalopram and tryptizol are working good for me and sometimes alprazolam. i was diagnosed paranoid personality disorder and schizophreniform disorder i think. before i took seroquel 300mg and epival er but i couldnt move all the day. now i cant fap anymore
>>
>>16913332
I still suffer from depression but I think the best advice is to cut down on manic episodes. If you can feel one coming trick your body and mind by trying to relax, make a hot beverage, have some chocalate and watch something light on netflix without going on your phone, strangely enough after that 20 minutes have passed some stress is gone and you can try and look at whats happening in a different view. And if your girlfriend cant handle you at your worst then shes not a true girlfriend
>>
>>16913332
>>16913361
>>16913432
>>16913453
>>16913778

I had crippling anxiety and depression throughout my teens and early 20s. I tried everything... pills... weed... alcohol etc.

Then I got a job as a car washer at a dealership. After a couple months I started taking pictures of the cars to put on their website. After a couple more months, I started talking to customers, and helping out when the sales staff were busy. After a couple more months I started selling the cars exclusively. After a couple more months I had my own office, and was pulling brand new jeeps into the wash bay to have my old boss wash my sold cars. After a couple more months, I had a bigger office and was in charge of the layout of the lot, and the ordering of cars to be sold.

In about 2 years I went from pot smoking herby beta faggot with no dreams to wearing a suit and tie and taking flights to detroit to attend chrysler management meetings and hear motivational speakers talk about managing businesses and all that jazz.

Boy what that did for my anxiety...

My point is, you just have to start making things happen. After a lot of trial and error, you will eventually get lucky and the ball will start rolling. Once it does, your body will know that you can no longer exist with that anxiety and weird things start happening...
>>
>>16913827
Yeah, there's definitely an element of control to all this.

When people have control over their own lives then they start to get a rush and get the ball rolling, and good things happen.

It's when people lose control and feel like the world is on their shoulders that they start to give up.
>>
>>16913840
Exactly. And don't get me wrong... it's the hardest thing in the world to regain control.

It didn't happen for me because I'm a hard worker or have an insane drive... I just kept trying shit until I lucked out. You never really know when your gonna get back on your feet, which is the hardest part about it.

It's not like you'll ever be able to say "Well, if I do this, I will get that".

You kinda have to go in knowing it's a total fucking crapshoot. Very rarely in life do things make sense. You just have to figure out how to make sense out of your life.
>>
>>16913778
My girlfriend is actually incredibly supportive and understanding. It's just the anxious thoughts that make me question the future despite knowing it's a cognitive distortion.

>>16913453
I try to keep things varied. Some days relax and unwind, other days work on projects, guitar, etc. Thankfully work is a great distraction.

>>16913470
I currently take and have been on Citalopram 20mg for over a year (though I have been on Citalopram overall many years) and low dose of Ativan whenever I need it. The side effects from Citalopram drive me nuts though, and I want to lower the dose to at least 10mg again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.