[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If your a girl whose dad left when she was very little, and who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Depositphotos_6819982_s-760x506.jpg (344 KB, 760x506) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_6819982_s-760x506.jpg
344 KB, 760x506
If your a girl whose dad left when she was very little, and who has been raped, is there even any point to your existence? Because you'll never be marriage material right?
>>
What would you do if you were a girl in this position?
>>
>>16913286

I'd marry someone with this going on as long as we dated long enough for me to know they were sane. If you have some crazy issues because of it, well, work on them.
>>
>>16913286
Is your existence all about getting married?
>>
>>16913320
But everyone has issues right?

You can't just get over something like this.
>>
>>16913324
Everyone wants to be loved, no one wants to be left.

Should they just give up on finding love?
>>
>>16913286

>is there even any point to your existence?
yes
>you'll never be marriage material right?
yes
>>
>>16913327
You're right, everyone has baggage. What defines you though is how you handle it. I would never say to just "get over it", but you should develop a system that lets you handle your baggage and live a productive life.

If you can do that you can totally find a stable relationship.
>>
>>16913327
You surely had a fucking awful past, but whatever you do in your future is just your responsibility. Solve your issues.
>>
>>16913339
What would you do with your life if you were in her position?
>>
>>16913343
It doesn't matter if you get good grades in school and get a job and go to therapy.

Something will come up with a guy your dating and he'll know that you're damaged goods.
>>
Two things:

1 - There is no such thing as "marriage material." If two (or more, I guess) people like each other enough to want to be bound to each other forever they enter into a marriage to display that to the world. You never know if you'll meet anyone like that but there's probably nobody alive right now that is completely incompatible with every other individual that is also alive right now. That's not to say that someone is realistically out there for you, you honestly may never find them and that sucks. It isn't because you aren't "marriage material" though, it's just one of the ways life can suck.

2 - Why do you think marriage is the only point to existing? You don't necessarily need other people to be happy and you don't necessarily need to be fucking a particular friend to make friendships worthwhile either. People can and have led fulfilling unmarried lives. Set your own goals, find what makes you happy out there. Maybe you'll find someone(s) along the way but if not at least you're still doing what you want to do.

Oh and you should maybe seek out a therapist, there could be some lingering issues from both of those incidents that you might want to resolve. You may not even be aware of them.
>>
If you were a girl like this who wasn't worthy of love, how would you live your life?
>>
If my parents left when I was a little boy and I was buttraped too, am I worthless too?
>>
>>16913352
Damaged goods because you were raped?

As the other anon said - Everyone has baggage. You can use your past to justify your shitty actions, or work on ourself and get over it.

I don't think your past would be a dealbreaker itself, it's more about the way you behave because of it.
>>
>>16913344
find a good job make good firends finding hobbies trying things
>>
>>16913364
Are you gay?
>>
>>16913378
What kind of things would you try?
>>
>>16913391
Everything
>>
>>16913381
No
>>
>>16913286
I'd marry someone like that assuming they still fit my standards
>>
>>16913496
What are those standards?
>>
>>16913327
of course you can get over it

just have to actually try
>>
>Marriage is the only point of existence
Wow, I'm sure that has nothing to do with what happened to mommy.

Get help. Forever.
>>
Yeah that's fine everyone's got baggage
>marriage material
I want a large family, a wife who can cook (you can practice before we have kids) and who lets me play with her butt so
You could be.
>>
>>16913286
>your a girl whose dad left when she was very little, and who has been raped, is there even any point to your existence? Because you'll never be marriage material right?

My dad was in and out of my life, was the one that violently raped me, and I haven't seen him since I was 10. I've been completely over it for a long time and I'm a happily married, well-adjusted adult. Life is a wild card--good and bad things will be thrown your way. Adjust, adapt, and put your best foot forward.
>>
>>16913949
>The same religion as me
>Has a compatible personality to my own
>>
>>16913286

1) stop placing your self importance on being "marriage material". It's not only degrading but also harmful to any future relationships you might have

2) the one responsible for being "marriage material" (if you insist on this logic) is you and you alone. You are traumatized? Shit that's really bad go get help etc. But truth is anyone who dumps you simply for that is better to be away from you anyway - find supportive people rather than emotional leeches (and dont be one of those too).

3) I'm really sorry for you, really. My gf had her share of physical and sexual and emotional abuse so I'm not talking from my ass here
>>
>I'm irreparable
Personally it doesn't matter to me. If I like you I like you. Consider what the actual effects of this is and deal with that. I haven't been sexually assaulted in any way so I can't say. It's not like i'l have a girl tell me she was raped and i'l change how I act with her. She was raped before she told me. Why should I unless she's asking for some sort of change/extra concern?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.