[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to live a cheap life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How to live a cheap life?
>>
>>16913026
How cheap?
>>
Don't get cable tv. Waste of money.
>>
Take into account various aspects of your life that mean the most to you OP. Can you live without eating like a god? Buy mostly vegetables from farmer's markets and eat only meats that you cook. As far as entertainment goes, just buy a Laptop or something and Internet. Watch YouTube as much as possible, or buy Netflix at the absolute most. Mostly importantly OP, take up a cheap hobby. Get into reading or start a series, especially and older one like Dark Tower or something where all of the books are at the library. Spend $100 and learn guitar. Not only with this give you something to do, it will give you something at which to look toward.
>>
1. Try to only eat what you cook. Beans, rice, lentils, and root vegetables are your friends. Consider only buying meat on special occasions--tofu is much more economical. Buy in bulk, avoid processed foods and pop, and make water your go-to drink. You'll also be quite healthy if you do all this, saving money on vitamins, supplements, and other medications that result from poor diet.

2. Choose the least expensive cell phone plan that fits your talk/text needs, you can probably live without data and just use Wi-Fi (I pay $16 CAD a month for my plan compared to my friends who pay upwards of $60).

3. Don't buy media, just get Internet savvy and learn to use programs like Soulseek, as well as private trackers. If you can afford it, an inexpensive VPN could be useful if you get a warning from your ISP. If you spend a lot of time at home, splurging on a good Internet plan is a great idea, since it's going to be your primary entertainment source.

4. Buy second-hand clothes for the most part, although I wouldn't do it for shoes, personally.
>>
>>16914406
To add to my first point, "ethnic" markets, Chinatown, and anywhere else that recent immigrants and smart minorities like to shop is probably where you should be shopping too. The produce may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the chain grocery stores, but it will save you a lot of money. You're also going to find great spice selections at these places (and friendly and helpful storekeepers if it's a Middle Eastern place).
>>
Consider getting a roommate to cut your rent in half
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.