[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Pick Up Advisor anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: flirting.jpg (3 MB, 4201x2801) Image search: [Google]
flirting.jpg
3 MB, 4201x2801
Ask a Pick Up Advisor anything
>>
Never been to a bar.
How do I have a one night stand.
>>
>>16912965
How do I pick up girls if I go to the bar alone?

Seems like I'd need a wingman otherwise I'll come off as creepy.
>>
>>16912975
>>16912971
All you need is confidence
>>
OP here

>>16912971
Well, for one night stand, you really need to be experienced with women. Do you feel like you are? Dont try to run without learning how to walk first.

>>16912975
Correct. My advice is, try to make friends first. Look around for a group of guys who look welcoming, and befriend them. Women will see you as a social being, and you will become automatically less threatening.

>>16912994
Technique and brains is also important
>>
>>16913005
>you really need to be experienced with women. Do you feel like you are?
Of course not. Would I respond to likely trolling if I wasn't a desperate virgin?
No one wants to date me so why not try banging trashy sluts.
>>
>>16913013
>No one wants to date me so why not try banging trashy sluts.

Because trashy sluts don't want you either...
>>
OP here

>>16913013
Because it wont make you happy. If you are unexperienced and want to get started, going for a 1 night stand is a mistake. Instead try flirting with women, but lower your expectations. Try to make them feel good, and then just leave. Show you are doing it, just because that is who you are, not because you want something in return. You need to start feeling good about yourself first. Set yourself smaller goals first.
>>
>>16913022
Well I think it would help. I would feel better about myself since I got SOMETHING and wasn't a kissless grown man anymore, and I wouldn't have to tell my first gf in the future that I was still a virgin or lie and have the first time be really embarrassing.

I started this thread >>16912874
I am trying to lower my standards, and I am trying to work on improving but I don't really know how. I don't even know what "confidence" is much less how to get something I've never felt.
>>
>>16913049
Not OP but confidence can be built by what he said: practice conversating with random girls. Don't look at them like "oh they might sleep with me!" Look at them like an old classmate you're just trying to catch up with and don't be intimidated if they're cute. It works, trust me.

I was a virgin and my gf had no idea until months after, when I felt like she deserved to know. At first she didn't even believe me.
>>
OP here

>>16913049
I did not say you have to "lower your standards". Men in your position think usually "if I target uglier chicks... maybe". That is the wrong mindset. It is not about the woman. It is about you. You can get ugly, pretty and gorgeous women. You are not trash.

What you need to work on, is start setting smaller goals. Work first on making girls laugh. Then make them talk to you. Then try to make them curious about you.

I know you cant get the "I havent kissed anyone" mindset of your head, but you have to try. That is just weight that is making you go slower.

Start forgiving yourself for all the errors you made in the past, and try to follow my advice, without punishing yourself anymore.

Good luck, bro
>>
The dates I go on keep ending in "lets just be friends". What's going on and how do I avoid that outcome?
>>
OP here

>>16913079
Well, the good news is that women like you. That is a start.

The bad news is, you don't attract them. You have to ask yourself why.

In my opinion, attraction has to be a balanced act. It is like a poker game. The more chips you put on the table, the harder is for you to fold out.

You have to make her put chips as soon as possible, and an amount similar to yours.

In this case, her chips are her "effort" into knowing you, and bothering to actually do things with you.

Flirting can't be a one-side action. She has to play along. If she tells you "What do you like to drink?" you answer in a playful matter "That is quite private! You tell me first! ;)" She has to invest in your relationship, when you are together.
>>
I've been told many times I have a creepy smile.
I've spent countless hours infront of the mirror practicing my smiles
It's a smile like anyone else.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
PUA is for sociopaths and the socially inept who fail miserably at it anyway.

It's always fun picking them out :)
>>
>>16913068
Well, since you seem sincere here.
I think I am trash, otherwise why would I be in this position in the first place? I'm not desirable and I accept that - that's why I'm trying to change.

>What you need to work on, is start setting smaller goals. Work first on making girls laugh. Then make them talk to you. Then try to make them curious about you.
How and where? Honestly, I'm moving out of town in 6 weeks, but so I have an opportunity here. Because if I make an ass of myself it doesn't matter because I'll never see these people again.
So.
I get told all the time that I'm creepy, by friends, friends girlfriends, my own family. Just walking up to a girl in a coffee shop, bookstore or bar seems like it would end with pepperspray. Do I really just throw my shoulders back and go "hey baby what's up?"

>>16913100
Would you rather people continue being completely inept? At least I'm trying.
>>
>>16913152
Once again, not OP but since you didn't reply to me:

Why the fuck would you say "hey baby"? Or even "what's up?". Seriously, you're at a coffee shop, or a bookstore, or a bar. Tell her you haven't been around this coffee shop and ask what she recommends, ask what kind of book she's looking for, ask if there's any other bars in the area or something. You're making it more complicated for yourself by thinking that it's all about "hey baby".

Like you said, you'll never see these people again. Guess what? You see a girl at the coffee shop, ask her about her recommendation. Buy it. Sip it for a bit and let her know how it is and take it from there. If she's giving off a "leave me alone" vibe, then do it. If she's picking up what you're putting down she'll probably be all smiles and want the conversation to keep going.
>>
It's fascinating the kindness of op.
>>
File: TheDENNISSystem.png (249 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
TheDENNISSystem.png
249 KB, 624x352
>>16913100
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.