[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having conflict with a friend over a trip and I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1453843537564.gif (98 KB, 314x319) Image search: [Google]
1453843537564.gif
98 KB, 314x319
I'm having conflict with a friend over a trip and I want to know if I'm in the wrong here...

Our buddy is having his bachelor party in Nashville later this year, and we live on the West Coast. Tickets aren't cheap. My friend is pretty frugal though, so we're looking for the cheapest way for us to fly out there, but it's on Labor Day weekend, so prices are through the roof.

He wants to fly into Atlanta, and then drive nearly 5 hours up to Nashville (and of course return). Due to the timing of the flights, this is going to require getting a hotel room in Atlanta, or taking a red eye flight. Plus an extra day of work. Then a car rental fee. Then gas. Not to mention the pain in the ass of getting up early or trying to stay up and alert after flying across the country, only to get into town to get piss drunk and party all night. Then, after a weekend of partying, nothing sounds worse than a 5 hour hungover drive back to the Atlanta airport to come back home.

This would save about $120.

Am I wrong for trying to tell him he should just nut up and spend the extra money to make this easier on us, or am I guilty of "not having a sense of adventure," as he's claiming?
>>
>>16912759
>This would save about $120.

If you're going to have to miss an extra day of work, it's going to cost you a lot more than $120.

Tell him you're not convinced the gymnastics of his plan are worth it, and you're going to go the other route because it's going to put you in a tough spot work-wise.
>>
You should spend the $120 on a hooker and waive goodbye as he drives back to Atlanta. At least you saved his marriage from the hooker, his soon-to-be would be pleased.
>>
>>16912780

Well, work is PTO, so I'd still be making money, that's just kind of an annoyance.

>>16912781
I'm not flying with the guy getting married, it's a friend and I going to his bachelor party.
>>
>>16912759
$120 is not worth the hungover drive. That's crazy talk.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.