[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well lads, it's official: in about six months I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1373776876622.gif (1003 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1373776876622.gif
1003 KB, 500x500
Well lads, it's official: in about six months I'll be moving across the country to another city in another state. I've never left my hometown for more than two weeks at a time. I'm moving from a 5K town to a 130K big city.

What do I need to know about living in such a big city?
>>
I'd like to know this too, specially ways to not get lonely for a spergmaster.

Bump
>>
130,000 people is nothing. not even compared to where you're coming from. you must be a real cracker to think that's so colossal.
the only new problem you're going to have is choosing which fast food chain you want to eat at.
>>
>You're gonna hate it
>Make friends with locals to learn the city
>Homeless people can be ungrateful as fuck
>That being said, they will help you out if you befriend and frequently help out/get food for the local ones. Just be smart about which ones you talk to
>Have fun parking
>It's really pretty on rooftops/high rises
>Your bike can still get stolen even if it's locked up
>Don't leave electronics in your car
>The city air will literally shorten your lifespan
>If you're in a park or something, avoid bums/people you see camping. Train hoppers are basically impossible to track down by law enforcement and have no qualms about robbing/raping/killing you
>Bring sleeping pills; you'll need them the first few days
>Lots of drugs
>If your pet runs away, you can say goodbye to it
>Don't smoke weed in alleys; the cops on patrol make sure to look/cruise through there
>Smile. You're always on camera
>>
>>16912038
>>16912052
It's supposedly one of the best places to live in the USA so I'm not too worried about theft or drugs or pollution.

I'm mostly concerned about making new friends, finding good housing, learning roads, etc. I've never really driven in a city.
>>
>>16912069
Driving is hell. Take blood pressure meds
>>
>>16912069
Please tell me you're not moving to Oregon.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.