[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Love to laugh. >Love to have fun. nope.jpeg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: okcupid.png (44 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
okcupid.png
44 KB, 300x225
>Love to laugh.
>Love to have fun.

nope.jpeg
>>
> i strongly prefer to date within my own race
It's way to hard to find this on any profile that isn't white.
>>
>Ask me.

Fuck you. The site just asked you. If you won't take the time to even begin telling people who you are, I for damn sure am not devoting any energy to figuring it out for you.
>>
>fluent in sarcasm
>>
>>16911124

>if youre going to say "hi" or ask me how im doing im not going to respond
>>
Lol, women and their life long diet of "Disney/I'm a princess".

Hardmode: try going on bdsm sites, and see the even bigger chip those women have on their shoulder.
>>
>>16911124
Not sure what you're looking for advice on.
>>
>>16911348
Omg that one drives me insane. You're basically saying that you're not actually funny, but think you are because you revel in being bitchy.
>>
>>16911124
i use pof sometimes. i assume its very similar. i fucking hate the site. the women on there make me wish i was gay. they barely ever put effort into the conversation, they rarely reply (even if i put effort into the first message). On so many profiles i see shit like "any good men left?" "looking for a nice guy"
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile

r8?
>>
File: 1455151885502.jpg (130 KB, 419x429) Image search: [Google]
1455151885502.jpg
130 KB, 419x429
>you're giving your partner oral sex and he or she accidentally orgasms in your mouth, do you swallow it?

What purpose does this serve to men? Do they mean if a woman squirts? I thought this was just pee.
>>
>>16912266
I always thought pof felt pretty tacky or outdated.

OkC has been more proactive about keeping up to date with how the internet works nowadays imo.

Still too many people who expect others to keep the whole conversation going though.
>>
>>16912274

oops

>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/niagararobin

r8?
>>
>>16912289
My husband makes me squirt regularly and swears up and down that it isn't pee.
>>
>>16912298
might check out occupid if its better. i use badoo sometimes and that is more or less the same. i dont mind the layout of pof. its girls attitude on there that get to me. they moan about guys but put in zero effort. i know its because I'm not bad looking because girls tell me i am good looking in real life and i do fine pulling in bars/clubs. its just dating sites.
>>
>>16912332
My profile picture on okc has been the same for like 2 years but it's of a good hobby and I get likes all the time.

Unless you pay for A-list you can't see who likes you, but you can see who visited so you can just follow the trail. All my convos have been pretty casual and I've gotten a few dates I just have to step my game up and talk more.
>>
>>16912351
where are you from? i sometimes speak to american girls online and they seem more chill. england here.
>>
>>16912368
Everyone thinks foreigners are exotic and more fun. Are you seriously surprised that they're receptive to you? It's no different from why you're receptive to them.
>>
this is honestly the worst fucking site on the planet. the bar is so high, but its just dumb how the women play the game. they all (even the 2s) want >8/10, which is like <15% of the population, and assuming a mostly one to one mapping, the vast majority of them go without serious relationships (maybe they can get in on flings) because theyre waiting for chad. meanwhile, if youre a dude and youre outside that 8+ region youre done, literally cant get a response

they did a study a while ago and found message content was actually irrelevant. fucking joker town
>>
File: le drake.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
le drake.png
444 KB, 800x600
>using okcupid
>>
>>16912368
California.

There's kind of a culture difference between girls from the bay area in northern california and the ones from LA. I grew up in the bay area and only stick to girls from here. Others might disagree though.

They do all seem to love the english guys though. A lot of it is the accent.
>>
>>16912315
he's not a scientist
>>
>>16912440
>a lot of it is the accent

It's all the accent. Literally every girl I've ever met has been pantywet over just about any guy with and english/irish/scottish accent. I can't imagine the easymode you guys have to be playing on when you come over here. I've known a few english guys, probably 5-7/10s and the dudes got laid all the time. One guy had zero personality. Giant asshole. Would get girls to fuck him and then they'd almost immediately dump him cause he was a dick. I wonder if there's a country where they love American accents. Oh to be in Europe in 1945.
>>
>>16911124
>"I'm not like other women, I'm crazy, weird etc etc"
>>
File: 1457396935830.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2463) Image search: [Google]
1457396935830.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2463
>sarcasm is like a second language to me
>>
>>16912488

If you're white go to Asia and fuck hot Asian women
>>
My favorite is when they say they love to laugh and have fun.

Like oh really because I hate having fun.
>>
>>16912580
I did go out with a girl this weekend where our shared disdain of people who say that on OKC significantly set the tone for an enjoyable evening.
>>
Where's the ask the opposite gender thread? I need advice, /adv/.
>>
>>16912600
I'll listen to you, you can just make the thread yourself anyway
>>
>Do not message me if...

Seriously? You think you're so special that you would presume to tell people when and how they may initiate conversation with you?

I get that it must be SO hard receiving all that attention and having to cull the volume of the messages you receive, but that is still ultimately your responsibility.That's how dating works; YOU sift through prospects to find a match. The audacity of telling the rest of the world to sort itself out for your convenience is just unbelievably arrogant to me.
>>
>>16912616
Oops I found it. Thanks though. Any advice for a first date?
>>
File: 1413253533589.png (304 KB, 554x368) Image search: [Google]
1413253533589.png
304 KB, 554x368
>>16912589
Nice.
>>
>>16912637
I agree. That's so obnoxious. The only time a "don't bother" sort of message is warranted is if it's to weed out hookups vs. serious relationships. "Not interested in casual dates" or whatever.
>>
>>16912647
It's cliché but just be normal, don't put up any weird persona and be yourself
>>
>>16912655
Are there certain topics I should avoid talking about on the first date? Also, when do I know it's over? We're just getting coffee, so since it's not actually getting lunch/dinner together (where you know it's over because you're done eating), how do I know when it's over?
>>
>>16912668
It's over when one of the two starts saying repetively your language's equivalent of "well then.."
>>
>>16912682
That makes sense. Thanks so much. I feel less unprepared now.
>>
>>16912668
Don't talk about sex at all.

If you have some horrible disease she should know about then wait until the 2nd date to tell her.
>>
>>16912668
You'll know. The conversation will die down and one of you will take that as a good time to say either how late it is or how much other stuff you have to do that day. And that's fine. Not a bad thing at all. It's rare that you go on a date and you can just talk forever with the person (but extremely nice).
>>
File: 1456958834487.png (422 KB, 364x548) Image search: [Google]
1456958834487.png
422 KB, 364x548
every female:

-is a country girl at heart
-loves to [insert list of common male hobbies]
-likes all music but listens to country
-loves guys with tattoos
-works at Applebee's
-has 3 kids

my favorite lines are:
>"My kids always come first"
>"IF you dont like it, then move on"
>"I'm not looking for sex"
>"Im a gamer"
>>
>>16912307
>average looking
>'nothing special' activities.

I can see why OKC; either you/they suck at 'marketing' yourself, or you honestly have nothing really special to market about yourself.

My advice, pick up a hobby - something detailed, that isn't seen every day - and get good at it. Good relationships will follow (OKC or no)
>>
>>16912700
One of the weird things about us is that we seem to be able to actually keep talking forever and keep sharing stories, so I'm halfway expecting that to happen, but it's good to know the signs of it ending naturally aren't a bad thing. I shouldn't try to push it too long anyway. Thank you.
>>
How do you get a reply off this dumb site anyway? I've been on okc for 9 months, zero responses
>>
>>16912732
Post your profile. Only way I can help you because I can pretty much guarantee the lack of replies has nothing to do with the content of your messages.
>>
>Love food
>Love family
>Love friends
>>
>>16912695
This might seem like a dumb question, but should I avoid asking about previous relationships?
>>
>>16912741
Yes you should.

That's something people don't really talk about directly unless it's for something like trying to get over a hurdle in the middle of your relationship.

If someone mentions their ex constantly then you might want to steer clear. If they say they're always thinking about their ex then you can have reason to be suspicious but none of this should ever come up on a first date or even second.
>>
>>16912732
its normal

okcupid and similar apps are a total sausage fest

its like 98% male users versus 2% female

of the male user base, 99% are actually trying to dae and never get replied to and 1% are super hot alpha players that are fucking the dogshit out of all the girls 24/7
>>
>>16912736
Yeah it probably is my face but I can't really change that. What can an ugly guy do to get something out of that site or should I just kiss a train?
>>
>>16912750
unless you're a serial rapist then I'm afraid the site is worthless for average guys like us
>>
>>16912741
In general, yes. Certainly don't do it as a pointed "TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EXES" kind of thing.

I'm 30, and at that age, everyone has enough baggage/relationship history that there's pretty much no way to talk about themselves without talking to some extent about past relationships that were exceptionally pivotal, so it will definitely just come up. Usually it is as a part of a conversation about something else, but some times, if there's a good vibe and you're both kind of at a place of "you're interesting, so let's just lay it all out there and see if this date survives," that conversation happens.

I guess I'm just saying don't force it. It will happen entirely on its own. Largely unavoidable.
>>
>>16912744
>>16912760
Thanks, this is useful.
>>
File: qLNJb6J.jpg (935 KB, 2880x1920) Image search: [Google]
qLNJb6J.jpg
935 KB, 2880x1920
>clever original bios
>>
File: 2016-03-13_19.56.39.jpg (134 KB, 655x655) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-13_19.56.39.jpg
134 KB, 655x655
>>16912747
What about the people who don't use it for either reason?
>>
>>16912790
what about the price of beans in yugoslavia?
>>
>>16912307
Dude your profile is fucking plain and gay, and thats how i imagine you to be

Im telling this for,your,own good

Im a dude btw

Also, do you think i should adjust the action on my acoustic? I switched to electric for a bit and now my acoustic is fucking killing me. I feel like its always been too high
>>
>>16911124
>>16911158
>>16911348
>>16911354
>>16912507
>>16912637
>>16912711

honestly this is literally every single girl on any type of dating site that exists. are they incapable of original thought? do they even posess a brain?
>>
>>16912833
No, but if you don't have the perfect, interesting, cool, funny and attractive profile (not to mention excellent photos and looks) as a guy you get NOTHING
>>
>>16912833
They forgot:
"I don't care about looks and all that other crap, I just want to have nice talks. Also buy me a [insert cheap food] and you already have my attention"
>>
I'm considering joining a certain niche dating site just because I want to streamline the meeting girls process while in college. Tinder is a joke and all I'm matching with is heavyset black chicks with nose rings.

Is there shame in joining up with a dating site? Will my friends think I'm lame? I mean, its easy to say "so what if they do" but still, you know how it is. There's still a stigma attached to online dating.
>>
>>16912956
I think it's kind of same for a lot of people. You see their profile and can pretty much guess why they're single but it's never more than like a 2 or 3 second thought and then you move on.

There might be at first, but it goes away. It's more discouraging than anything as you have to try pretty hard to get people to respond sometimes. The rest is all in your head.

The only times I didn't like what I saw was finding my younger sister and one of her best friends on Tinder.
>>
>see someone i like on okcupid and talk to her
>2 weeks later pass, we get along and play video games together etc....
>today she says she has entered a relationship

Thankfully this shit happened so soon before i got any feelings.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.