[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't have any motivation to do anything. I'm doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sadface_large.jpg (13 KB, 270x346) Image search: [Google]
sadface_large.jpg
13 KB, 270x346
I don't have any motivation to do anything. I'm doing pretty bad in college because I hate what I'm studying. I don't have a job now and I'm too lazy to find one because I feel like "what's the point of the effort anyway". The only thing I see myself spending money on is basically college. I don't have any goals I really want to achieve anymore. I'd try to get a job so I have money to go out with girls but I have very very specific taste in women and the few ones I like don't like me back. I also think I'm not really all that interested in having a relationship anyway. I feel like I'm just sitting here doing nothing and there's no point for anything.
I used to want to get a job, save up and buy a 70's BMW in the future but I kind of suck at driving so this goal is fading away too.
My only hobby currently is making indie games but I never finish them because I lose my motivation for that too. I'm only excited when I start a new project. I like music but mostly just listenning to it alone at home. I also feel like life goes by too fast for me as I get older.
I hang out with very nice religious people by my religious faith is not strong at all.
What do?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>16911087
You know what to do no one else does now go figure it out u cunt
>>
>>16911230
What are you doing in /adv/ then, isn't this what the board is for?
>>
>>16911087
Take yourself over to reddit /r depression, you sound like someone up shit creek a bit too far to run the gauntlet of 4chan advice/ shitposting.
>>
>>16911262
I thought this was common 4chan /adv/ stuff though.
>>
>>16911087
I can relate to a lot of that. If you hate what you're studying, you should probably stop, unless you're really close to finishing a degree, then you've just got to really try as hard as you can to pass all your courses and get it finished. That's what I'm doing. Otherwise, just take a break from college and find a job. Maybe later in your life you can go back and finish your degree.
>what's the point of the effort
Are you not in debt from college? Maybe get a job and work till you've payed off your debt, then you can kind of start fresh. Or if you're not in debt, it can't hurt to make some more money and be more secure financially. I know it sucks finding a job and especially finding one you like, and chances are you won't find a job you like, at least not at first, but at least it's something to do while you figure out what you want to do in life. Maybe get some more hobbies. You might find you enjoy something enough that you want to make a career out of it.
But your lack of motivation and your laziness is not going to just magically get better one day, so unless you want to continue watching your life and your goals slip away, you need to get off your ass and do shit. Get a job, save up for that car if you want, learn to drive, finish making those games, talk about religion with your nice friends if you think that'll help, but just do SOMETHING or you're going to live a pretty bland and disappointing life.
>>
>>16911916
Thanks!
>>
>>16912003
Yeah, no problem. Hopefully it helps. Just don't let yourself be trapped in a cycle where you have no motivation to do anything, so you don't enjoy life, so you have no motivation, etc. It can be tough getting out of that, but it's worth it in the long term.
>>
You still have time to turn your life around. At least you're much better than a guy I know in real life who cheated his way through public school, never went to college, never had a job nor a serious desire to get one, talked shit about other people often, and remained an ungrateful, lazy parasite even today.
>>
>>16912250
Nice, tell me more of your friends exploits
>>
I used to hate my major in university, but eventually I found the one aspect it had that I enjoy and now I'm a little more motivated. So either find that one thing in it that you enjoy, or leave the whole thing entirely and start anew.

If you're not sure what you want to do, start doing a job. Whatever job. It doesn't matter. Fast food restaurant worker, call center worker, whatever. The important thing is gathering experience, learning more about yourself. Some people say it's also good to sit down with a therapist or someone who can help you with choosing a career but none of that ever helped me.
Trying out jobs by myself, and gradually finding what I like and dislike, and what I'm capable of and not, was the only thing that helped me find my motivation.

I can't help with relationship issues because I still haven't solved mine. I'm also kind of in the "I'm not even sure if I want a relationship" phase, and I think that's because I kind of skipped a life cycle and kinda got stuck on this childish level, I hope to get professional help on this later.

Finding motivation for the indie game is either finding out why you make the game, or who you are making it for. For example, try thinking of the people that will play it. Or yourself, if you make these games because you yourself would enjoy it.
If all else fails, ask somebody to work on your projects with you. Having a team or just one single co-worker can give you that push whenever you feel you are no longer interested. For example, after 2 months of working on it, you finally give up, and then your bud comes up to you and says "so I just finished the artwork for the end credits, how's your part?" "ah man sorry i've been in a swamp" "WHAT! then what is all my work for! you get your ass back at work!!!!"
As for religion, your beliefs shouldn't be decided by people around you, but yourself only.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.