[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop constantly craving attention?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1080x1920
How do I stop constantly craving attention?
>>
By not making threads about it, silly.
>>
>>16910908
well it has to do with why you crave the attention in the first place. Did you have any family issues, broken home etc?
>>
>>16910926
Working parents, alcoholic dad, bullied at school for autism and poor hygiene, etc. Pretty standard stuff, nothing everybody hadn't dealt with.
>>
do you feel alone when you're not the center of attention?
>>
>>16910973
First I'd like to tell ya I'm glad you made that thread. People who constantly crave attention usually don't see it themselves.

You should start at the root of the problem, ego.
>what is ego ?
A lil sentient part of you that often mistakes itself for the whole you. It's ego that tells you what place you have in a group, who's above you, and who's bellow. Now nobody likes ego centered persons for obvious reasons.

>how do I reduce my attention toward my own ego ?
Selective thinking, avoid thinking about you, your image, etc and instead focus on the outside. Contemplate. Learn to listen. Live the now to its fullest rather than spoiling it by being centered on YOURSELF. Enjoy little things, talk to somebody but focus on them.

Meditation also helps.
I'm the contrary of you, low self esteem and barely able to see myself. I'm working on having a stronger ego without ruining it for the others. So far things are working out better for me without annoying my peers. If I can do it, you can too.
>>
>>16911011
I just never shut up when I'm in company. I try to not talk over people, but somehow it always seems like nobody else has anything to say. I'd like to talk in a more equal way but nobody else ever seems to say anything so I end up talking peoples' ears off.

>>16911028
I've tried the buddhist thing, I'm still working on meditation. Being alone still makes me want to scream whenever I'm not meditating or on the internet. When does it stop?
>>
>>16910973
oh so daddy didn't give you enough attention. you probably need to see a psychologist and let them know about your daddy issues.
>>
>>16911081
My dad loved us as much as he could.

He hated literally everyone so the amount of tolerance he could express towards me and my sister gets the more astonishing the older I get and the more I learn about him.

I'm not qualified for mental health care of that level.
>>
Just about every person needs and craves attention to some degree.

There's a difference between being an angry bitter hermit, a quiet introvert, a healthy and sociable extrovert, and an obnoxious attention seeker that needs to be the center of attention.
>>
>>16911028
>I'm the contrary of you, low self esteem and barely able to see myself. I'm working on having a stronger ego

Ego-centric=/=High self esteem

Often those who are the loudest in a room are the most insecure, the ego inflates itself as a defense mechanism like a puffer-fish.
>>
>>16911209
How do I know which one I am?

I'm exhausted by peoples' company but I still feel lonely alone and want people to pay attention to me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.