[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, caught some kind of cold. How do I get rid of it as quickly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Pic related.jpg (164 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Pic related.jpg
164 KB, 600x600
So, caught some kind of cold.

How do I get rid of it as quickly as possible? Or at least minimize the symptoms to appear well in uni?

I need to kill off a very sore nose-throat combo and decongest. Somehow, showers aren't working with decongestion, and lozenges do shit for my sore throat.

Is there any kind of food I should eat (Aside from soup) to get well faster?
>>
>>16910827
There is no cure for a cold. Period.

Some say massive doses of vitamin C can speed you through it. Decongestants and cough suppressants can mask some of the symptoms some of the time. Tea with honey might soothe your throat a little.

But mainly a cold is something you try to survive, not something you can fix.
>>
>>16910880
I was afraid of this answer, but I'll accept is as fate anyway.

I thought Vitamin C was supposed to be taken before a cold, so as to mitigate it at the point of catching it. I did have tea 3 weeks ago and loved it, but I forgot to buy packets and thus we're here.

In all fairness, I'm not looking for a cure, so much as a treatment.

(Though, either way, I'm still fucked, am I? Ah well.)
>>
Zinc, vitamin B, C, and D all help. The vitamins ensure proper functioning of the immune system (which is helpful both before, and during a cold). I think the zinc helps kill the virus, I can't remember why though.

Aside from that, water and sleep.
>>
>>16910827
Drink a lot of water. It loosens the mucous. Ricola cough drops are my savior. Keep your throat warm.

If a fever occurs, you have caught an infection. Need to go to the doctor because antibiotics are likely the only thing to stop it.

Make soup with ginger and lemongrass. Sip and sniff hot tea with lemon and honey.

I catch a lot of colds since I work with children. It always turns into a sinus infection because I have shitty sinuses and allergies too. All these things help me get through the day.
>>
>>16910944
(I'm surprised you know about my shit sinuses and loathsome allergies. Was it because the entire neighborhood heard me sneeze?)

Anyway, thanks! I don't know how to keep my throat warm aside from drinking hot stuff (It appears I'm going to get some chamomile tea today).

I can't exactly go to the docs yet, but it's a low fever. The only thing is that Antibiotics don't do anything to viruses (So I've heard).
>>
>>16910980
The cold is a virus. But infections come from bacteria that accumulates from dryness in the throat/sinus region. Which is how you get infections from a cold.

The antibiotics won't stop a cold, but bacterial infections can come from cold symptoms.

Also, scarves will keep your throat warm. Try not to exercise or be active either while the cold is present
>>
>>16910980
Also, do not swallow or snort in your mucous. Try to spit it out as much as you can. No sniffling at all costs.
>>
Lemons and limes, eat like oranges. No sugar, that means no soda, etc. no sugar in coffee... Limit dairy, or have none. Tea with no milk/sugar. Cough syrup/drops which have no sugar. Tons of water, no booze, don't ejaculate (if you're a guy) get rest, stay warm.

always helps me through any cold/flu. I typically feel fine and look fine through the day, so my suffering and symptoms are at night only, using this method.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.