[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Live in the UK and I'm 26 Got diagnosed with mayor depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 241x209
Live in the UK and I'm 26
Got diagnosed with mayor depression in my teens and have attempted suicide 2. Been in and out of hospital since I was 15.
Iv now got a great job and I rent a place. Been allot better over the last 3 years thanks to medication and therapy.
The problem I have is that I don't have any type of social network. I'm finding it difficult to find people. My life so far has been working or hospital
I hate pubs and clubs and I don't drink. I do gym allot.
Any ideas where I can start to interact with people?
>>
Exact same problem here OP. Mental illness really fucks with your social life. Also looking for answers.
>>
>>16910630
Good luck. I've asked that question a million times here, never got any concrete answers, just those "Go out there and be somebody!" type of non-answers.

UK Londonfag.
>>
The gym. Try and find a group to do gym stuff with.
>>
>>16910636
He already goes to the gym idiot
>>
>>16910639
Well we're fresh out of ideas then.
>>
>>16910639

That was the fucking point! He should talk to people at the gym. Not just do it by himself in the corner.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16910695
He wants a more...controlled...I think, situation.
>>
>>16910630
Congratulations on coming so far.

Sometimes people who have made your journey find particular satisfaction in helping others who are still making it. Would you consider volunteer work, say in a halfway house for troubled teens or the like? A bonus would be meeting other volunteers who you could become friends with.

Another road - take a "useless" class at a local college, just for the fun of it - cooking, art appreciation, intro to German. You'll be with other people doing the same thing, and so chatting before or after class will be easy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.