[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's just occurred to me that after a year of dating, my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1452778813803.jpg (33 KB, 1000x521) Image search: [Google]
1452778813803.jpg
33 KB, 1000x521
It's just occurred to me that after a year of dating, my girlfriend puts in more effort in her makeup and general appearance and "looking good" with her friends than she ever actually has with me.

Even when we've gone out for drinks or date nights, she always looks better by a large margin and tries much more even if she's just staying at one of her girlfriends houses on a girly night. To the extent that I look at her in the photos and I'm like god damn why has she never looked like that around me?

For some reason it really bugs me. What's the meaning of it?
>>
>>16909256
That's cause she trusts you
>>
>>16909266
This and that she gets to be comfortable around you and knows she doesn't have to try as hard. Being around her friends is like friendly competition and stuff.

But that's not important. What you should be asking yourself is what are you gonna do about it.
>>
Most women don't get made up when they're relaxing at home. It's a lot of work and nothing really comes of it.

Try taking her out more, she'll have more reason to get dressed up with you.
>>
>>16909279
That's not the issue, even when we go out I get the standard her that I always have, not the stunning perfection that she goes for when she's out with friends.

>>16909275
Nothing really, I was just wondering if it's a common thing. I get the whole comfort and trust thing, but I feel kind of cheaped out on the whole thing. Like she'd rather look better on a night out with friends than for me.
>>
>>16909292
Only natural to feel that way I guess.
>>
>>16909292
maybe she just looks hotter when surrounded by her ugly friends.
>>
>>16909256
I hardly ever wear any makeup around my boyfriend, but I do when I go out. I hardly ever go out, and that's the time that I break out the eyeshadow and shit. It's fun, but exhausting, and many types of makeup can make skin look worse over time.

It's not that I'm trying to look better when I go out than when I'm with my boyfriend. It's just that for me, going out is the time to put on the makeup that's otherwise dramatic and not my normal thing
>>
I never wanted to wear makeup around my boyfriend because of the way I have seen men approach the topic before. I used to have really bad acne, and I still have the occasional breakout and I still have scars. I don't want someone I plan to be around long-term to feel conned to discover that I do not have a radiant, glowing magazine cover.

Also, I hate the way makeup feels on my face. Makeup can turn your skin to shit so that when you don't wear it you wish you had. I don't know about anyone else but I can feel it on my skin and it makes my skin feel dirty or greasy and I hate it.

Going without makeup as much as possible gave me a sense of freedom and comfort with myself. Maybe she is more comfortable around you than she is around her friends. She might be doing it for them. Sometimes girls dress for other girls.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.