[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Don't want to do (feminine thing)? >Wow you must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mwof0xGPKJ1rmdsrwo1_250.gif (888 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwof0xGPKJ1rmdsrwo1_250.gif
888 KB, 200x250
>Don't want to do (feminine thing)?
>Wow you must not be confident in your masculinity :^)

How can I refute this? It seems like a fallacy to me.
>>
>>16909086
Any specific example of a feminine thing that you don't want to do?
>>
>>16909086
It is. Its just a logical leap to a possible explanation. Its harder to refute because its possible so you have to attack the logic used to come to that conclusion.
>>
>>16909086
Ask them to explain themselves. Once they start talking, and seeing the baseless assertions the argument is founded on, they'll realize how retarded they are
>>
if you were confident in your masculinity you wouldn't need to refute it
>>
>>16909086
>How can I refute this? It seems like a fallacy to me.
It is: specifically, it's an appeal to stereotype.

But that doesn't make it wrong. The moment you called it feminine, and implied that was why you didn't want to do it, you proved them correct. A man does what needs done. Masculine, feminine, doesn't matter. If it needs done and he's available, he does it.
>>
>>16909247
>A man does what needs done. Masculine, feminine, doesn't matter.
Actually it does. It wouldnt be feminine if a man needed it.
>>
This needs context to make any sense.

I think that men who avoid using scented lotion or wearing pink are pretty insecure though, just saying.
>>
>>16909271
Lots of traditionally "feminine" things like cooking, cleaning, sewing, and shopping (read: going out to buy things) are life skills that everyone should have.

If you can't do these for yourself as a man and are dependent on a woman for them, it simply means you're stuck in an outdated way of life that makes you not functional on your own as an adult.

If you need a woman to do important life skills for you, you can't take care of yourself. Simple as that.
>>
>>16909138
>>16909247
>>16909276

Let's say, for the purpose of this argument, it's crossdressing for a gag. But it's not hard to think of other, more minor and or serious examples
>>
>>16909298
>Lots of traditionally "feminine" things like cooking, cleaning, sewing, and shopping (read: going out to buy things) are life skills that everyone should have.
No, no one of those are really. Not to the extent that you seem to think it is. ramen noodles. Making sure nothing is growing on your floor, tape, and buying ramen noodles.
Theres not really more you need.
Theres a reason why a house decorated by a woman looks different than a bachelor pad.
>>
>>16909276
>scented lotion and wearing pink
You are faggot son?
>>
>>16909320
enjoy your malnutrition
>>
>>16909324
Been doing it since college. Wanna race a 10k anon.
>>
Slap that bitch across the face
>>
>>16909328
So you eat ramen for every meal? How the fuck have you not had a coronary from all that sodium?
>>
>>16909328
Not really because running is for Africans, cardio bunnies, and people with bears behind them. Besides, if we're talking about testing masculinity, shouldn't you be offering something a little less...flight?
>>
>>16909385
You wanna fight lol. I was talking about health and your cardio system is a very clear sign of that. But Ive always been an athlete so Im confident in any challenge you throw at me barring extremely specialized skills.
>>16909351
Try drinking water
>>
>>16909398
I'd suggest wrestling or boxing, but I'm pretty sure anything with a weight class isn't going to be fair. How about you find fourteen friends and we pick up a rugby game?
>>
>>16909426
I mean if you are obese maybe. I weigh 180' though so if you are 200lb or below we should be good.
>>
>>16909434
270, 14% body fat because its the off season and fuck it.
>>
>>16909442
Thats pretty massive. I see why you dont run.
>>
>>16909452
I do run, but only for cardio, not for speed. Anything more than about six miles on pavement isn't my bag, though.
>>
>>16909461
Ive never seen anyone at that weight run 6 miles at a decent pace other than a crawl.
>>
>>16909463
I didn't say anything about a decent pace. 10 minute miles are all I have an interest in, and even then I only get about half. If I want speed I'll do HIIT.
>>
>>16909467
Do you do HIIT?
>>
False dichotomy.
>>
>>16909468
Fuck yeah, but I'll cop to letting it fall off when I'm not playing rugby. I do kettle bell circuits twice a week to make sure I'm consistently getting the heart above 180, though.
>>
>>16909398
Okay, this leads me to assume troll.
>>
>>16909503
Why?
>>
>implying I need to justify myself to you

There's your refutement OP. Don't fall for the SJW bait.
>>
>>16909086
It depends on why you don't want to do it.

Let's say you don't want to do something like go to spa for example. If you don't want to go because you genuinely don't like spas that's fine. If you don't want to go because you think spas are feminine then I think you aren't confident in your masculinity.
>>
>>16909607
I dont want to go because spas are feminine. Its something for women. It shouldnt be that hard to understand.
>>
>>16909644

So yes, you aren't confident in your masculinity. You're not going to be to dispel that impression.
>>
>>16909509
Sorry, meant to link the post above.
>>
>>16909644
The ancient romans would disagree.

Besides, why would you be afraid of doing "feminine" things? Would that magically make you not a man? Or magically make you gay? Because trust me, neither of those would happen.

Girls don't magically turn into guys if they like cars or play video games. It's just a hobby, it's just an interest, it's just a skill or a service. Things like that don't determine who you are as a person or as a man.
>>
>>16909677
I dont give that impression. Thats just you projecting honestly. not a big deal
>>
>>16909697
No one said anything about being afraid. Im not feminine so I dont do feminine things. Straight forward.
>Would that magically make you not a man?
Well if you count a feminine man still a man then no.
>>
>>16909328
>i can run 6 miles i'm so fit and masculine

running 6 miles aint hard nigga step your shit up and arm wrestle like a real man
>>
>>16909722
I said race. If you are fit you should have a good 10k time
>>
Lmao OP is definitely insecure of his sexuality
Not doing 'feminine' things doesnt make you man
If you are a MAN it doesnt matter what other things you do
Also OP seems underageb&
>>
>>16909780
>Not doing 'feminine' things doesnt make you man
No one said this. Its the inverse.
Doing feminine things makes you a woman.
>>
>>16909738
what fucking pussy runs 6 miles to prove something?
>>
>>16909787
They said that avoiding feminine things because they are feminine doesn't make you more of a man.
>>
>>16909817
Well if you are proving your health thats exactly what you do anon. What pussy cant run 6 miles?
>>
>>16909822
Which is true. Not being feminine does not make you a man. But being feminine makes you more of a woman.
>>
>>16909844
This is the most retarded and obnoxious post of the day
I can only imagine how much of a stuck up cunt you are putting on a fake personality just because you want to look like a 'man'.
That just makes you more of a faggot.
Crossdressing for a fucking gag isnt feminine, you just dont know how to have fun
I bet your freinds are all fake as fuck too
>>
>>16909869
>post
*poster
>>
>>16909869
I dont want to look like a man. I dont do things for others. I dont want to be a woman.
>Crossdressing for a fucking gag isnt feminine
Its pretty faggy. Crossdressing isnt a gag.
>I bet your freinds are all fake as fuck too
You mean happy men living happily manly lives.
Doing feminine things makes you a woman. Its not that hard.
>>
>>16909710
>No one said anything about being afraid. Im not feminine so I dont do feminine things. Straight forward.
Straightforward indeed, but it points straight back to fear. And there is nothing masculine about allowing fear to keep you from doing something.
>>
>>16909901
>but it points straight back to fear
no. cool assertion though. Its really pathetic. Everyone who doesnt like something is afraid of it.
Id expect a man to have better logic capabilities than that.
>>
>>16909086
>give my friend a few jabs for ordering a pink Caddillac Margarita.
>girly drink.
>he says "motherfucker I went to war. Put an umbrella in this shit. I don't give a fuck. It's delicious."
>Resoect increases.
Not giving a fuck is truly alpha. Then again, you could always just join the military.
>>
>>16909933
>I dont give a fuck
>Im a makeup wearing tranny who takes it up the ass and hangs out with my gfs and watches my wife have sex with tyrone while I raise his child
>Im so alpha
>>
Better just not let it bother you. And be dismissive of the idea. Move on, don't acknowledge it.

I think anyone could have a long argument about it but it's just not worth it at all. Doesn't end up making you look better life, at worst it just gets hostile.

Unless it's clearly just a joke I'd probably think less of her for it. Quite a bit less. Just not interested in people like that. Had em before and it's like how there can be a low price on a car. Sure there doesn't seem to be much of a problem on the surface but you can be damned certain she's problematic in some significant way.
>>
>>16909981
Wrong thread?
>>
>>16909086
Of course it is a fallacy. What does masculinity have to do with doing a feminine thing? It sounds like they are the ones with confidence issues if they feel this justifies their masculinity/feminicity (is that a word?).
>>
>>16910000
No. But I see your confusion.
It's an odd joke to make. I've had someone do that (I presume).
>>
>>16909315

Depends on who would see you.

There's nothing wrong with feeling uncomfortable about doing something unless you're actually afraid of it.
>>
>>16909320

Actually, all of those things can be masculine.

Examples.

>Cooking.
How often to you go to a Barbecue and see one of the wives working the grill?
Why are the most famous chefs on the planet almost all men?
Why are most of the short order cooks in the country men?
Why are most restaurant cooks in general men, while the women usually tend to the customers in the front of house?
Because men are, usually, better cooks than women.

Men who do the cooking every now and again for their wife or girlfriend tend to have stronger overall relationships as well (The girl feels more appreciated), which leads to more blowjobs. Are you such a closeted homosexual that you hate more blowjobs from a woman?
Seriously. Women love a man who cooks well (And will at least appreciate the effort if it sucks), and will often make this known sexually.

There's also the fact that sometimes your wife won't be available and you'll need to cook for your children. Ramen is not a proper meal for a child and if the authorities ever found out that your children's weekly food intake was 50% instant ramen, they'd be taken from you.

If properly caring for your children and loving your wife makes you a feminine faggot, well I guess you can lube up my asshole right now and call me Tyler.

>Sewing
Tailors need to sew.
Leather workers need to sew.
Hatters need to sew.
Cordwainers and shoemakers need to sew.
Bookbinders need to sew.
Parachute riggers need to sew.
Doctors and surgeons need to sew.
Upholsterers need to sew.
Taxidermists need to sew.
Sailmakers need to sew.

All are traditionally masculine professions.

>Cleaning
Most janitors are men.
Yardwork is technically cleaning as well.
Not cleaning is how you get ants and roaches.
Stop living in your own filth you degenerate animal.

>Shopping
Now you're just being retarded.
Everybody needs to buy things.
The only difference is that men go in, get what they need, and get the fuck out. Women make a whole day out of it.
>>
>>16910156
>How often to you go to a Barbecue and see one of the wives working the grill?
Putting things on a fire isnt really what I call cooking lol.
>Why are the most famous chefs on the planet almost all men?
Men are just better at everything than women. Doesnt make it masculine
>Men who do the cooking every now and again for their wife or girlfriend tend to have stronger overall relationships as well
Beta shit
>which leads to more blowjobs
I get blowjobs for not being a beta shit.
>Women love a man who cooks well
Women love beta cucks and will express it by cucking you
>you'll need to cook for your children.
Ramen
>Ramen is not a proper meal for a child and if the authorities ever found out that your children's weekly food intake was 50% instant ramen, they'd be taken from you.
If Im feeding my kids for this long Im basically a single mother. Not masculine by definition.
>If properly caring for your children and loving your wife makes you a feminine faggot, well I guess you can lube up my asshole right now and call me Tyler.
That is literally biologically called maternal nurturing is nature. So yes. It is 100% feminine.
>All are traditionally masculine professions.
Women are shit at professions. Doesnt change the fact that its feminine
>Most janitors are men.
they are losers
>Everybody needs to buy things.
Shopping isnt a skill. Only a woman would think so.
>>
>>16910186
>men are just better at everything
Not really. It's just that our edge cases are more common and reach further. The average is (currently) in girls favor in things like how many go through university. Not sure why, probably society bias honestly. There's no real reason why they shouldn't be the same on average unless men have a special tendency to be bad. Which I don't see. XYY and other stuff that's male specific doesn't account for the difference.
>>16910156
I agree for the most part. It's wrong to express it as feminine or masculine though. Socially there's been those categories. The actual masculine/feminine professions and activities are more base. Like protection is male, nurturing is female.

I'd consider stuff like knitting a much more neutral thing with regards to that. It may be seen as nurturing to some but it's really just producing, earning in another sense. Can't really place it accurately on that axis.
>>
>>16910245
>The average is (currently) in girls favor in things like how many go through university
This is definitely false. Look at grad schools. Women are just mediocre
>>
>>16910270
Look at how many people graduate. Majority women. It's quite staggering numbers. Here anyway.

Adjusted for amount of people of each gender on said education of course. (or in university overall)

Note I was pointing out average. So we count dropouts.
>>
>>16910277
Undergrad doesnt mean shit. The work force is still male dominated but the fields majored in. And grad school which is male dominated shows how many people are actually good at undergrad and succeeded there.
>>
>>16910277
Women tend to choose weak subjects with little practical use
>>
>>16910366
Yeah but we adjusted for gender gaps in each group.
>>16910344
>they're not good enough
They graduate way more. Just look it up. You will struggle to support this idea that the average is in men's favor. There's nothing about grad school that'd invalidate my claim. Women have a narrower IQ distribution. Since men have a broader they're more likely to dominate the higher you climb.
>>
>>16910428
Women barely even go to grad school.
>>
>>16910455
Would not consider that true here. But again, doesn't really ensure anything.
>>
>>16910245
>No real reason why they shouldn't be the same.

Men have more grey matter, women have more white matter. Grey matter is what matters (no pun intended) in regards to intelligence, brain capacity, etc, white matter is the matter that handles connections, allows the sides of the brain to communicate. Male brains are more specialized, female brains are more jack-of-all-trades. This is why you get higher highs and lower lows with male brains whereas women tend to fall in the middle.
>>
>>16909276
>tfw I use only non-scented lotions because the fragrance is extra and serves little purpose
But if my hands are dry as fuck and my gf offers her cucumber and rose scented stuff, i don't shy away. Give that shit, nice soft hands for a few hours and shit smells nice.

As for pink, if i could pull if off, sure I guess. Just not tbat into it
>>
>>16909086
>>16909086
Of course it's a fallacy, they're just responding with an insult. And it's the most idiotic insult possible, because their response to you refusing to do something feminine is essentially to call you feminine. E.g. trying to shame you into crossdressing by calling you girly if you refuse is just...

A lot of these people are pseudosmart nards who don't realize that things like male and female coded clothes exist for good reason and aren't just freight from our ignorant past. It's hard to really make them *understand* how stupid they actually are, but you should under no circumstances give in to them. Let them mock you, or if possible, mock them back harder so they're shamed.
>>
>>16909351
Sodium doesn't actually increase your blood pressure, fool. That's a myth.
>>
>>16910681
>scented lotion
Fag detected.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.