[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 18 yo dude and self harm, my parents have seen a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160119_224450.jpg (3 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_224450.jpg
3 MB, 1920x2560
I'm 18 yo dude and self harm, my parents have seen a couple on my shoulder before and were suspicious but I told them it was some sharp metal from the door I'd fallen on. My cousin self harms and they take the piss behind her back, we got a holiday in two weeks and I can't get to sleep, I'm so fucking scared.

What do I do
>>
I'm not entirely sure I understand what the problem is here, please clarify.
>>
try self harming until you pass out and dont wake up
>>
>>16908659
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/self-injury/manage/ptc-20165430
>>
>>16908659
The self harm maybe a starting point to an addiction to feel. My friend used to self harm but now get's his enjoyment from running and exercising.
>>
>>16908659
as long as you dont cut off a limb if thats how you cope then nothigns wrong with that. also as long as ur solving ur problems and not just coping.
>>
File: 1457855121209-154965160.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
1457855121209-154965160.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Basicly my shoulder is covers in scars which are very prominent and I don't know how to hide the for things like swimming
>>
While we're at it, how common is it for males to self-harm? I have a bunch of (healed) scars on my thigh and recently noticed that my boyfriend has what looks like faint self-harm scars on his thighs as well (also healed), but I haven't wanted to noticeably stare. He has panic disorder and a variety of anxiety-related issues, probably some depression, and I know his sister has self-harmed, plus he's dated other weird girls like me who were fucked up and probably self-harmed. But it's still something I can't imagine him doing because, to be honest, my experience is that it mainly spreads among girls attracted to subcultures like goth/emo/whatever and maybe a couple males, and he just isn't the type, somehow. I will outright ask him eventually, I'm sure, but I have to figure out how to bring it up.
>>
>>16910140
Find something to make the lighter and say they're stretch marks, wear a swimshirt, or go swimming before everybody else and leave after everybody else?
>>
>>16910140
Just dont do it anymore.
Move forward as best you can and dont punish yourself for having done it.
I have scars on my forearms and Im sure people see, but no one gives me trouble. I am very open though and if asked yeah I say a little on the subject, but its easy for me to say its been done, and never happens anymore.
>>
>>16910157
Its probably more common in teens and young ages.
Sometimes people break shit or get into fights, but self harm is the opposite its releasing your discomfort onto yourself.
I think its mostly a phase except when people can't escape feeling suicidal. He must have felt some drama at some point, but I wouldnt pry.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.