[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been online for 8 hours and I can't quit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: baghead.jpg (91 KB, 604x598) Image search: [Google]
baghead.jpg
91 KB, 604x598
I need to study, I have 6.6 hours of lecture videos + over 100 pages of reading to get done by Monday afternoon and I just can't fucking do it. I can't fucking concentrate. I'll get 15 minutes into a video and then compulsively click back over to 4chan or fire up an emulator.

How the fuck do I fix myself and just fucking study?
>>
turn your computer off. i have the same problem. actually should be studying now. if i really want to get something done though, i will shut my computer down and move to another room
>>
>>16908393
I appreciate this advice but my video lectures are on YouTube (lol hip teacher) so I must be logged onto the internet at my computer while I watch the videos. They've been queued up in a separate tab since this morning. I'm just fucking weak.
>>
File: Mike_-_BCS_T2.png (223 KB, 622x658) Image search: [Google]
Mike_-_BCS_T2.png
223 KB, 622x658
>>16908375
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

This will help. Put the links to the videos you need to watch in the allowed section and then block everything else on YouTube, and use a firewall to block your emulators. The real issue is you yourself need to start doing your work on your own. You really against have even come here to ask for advice, you know what you need to do. You're just subconsciously creating excuses for waiting to do your work.
>>
>>16908397
just re read your post. what do you study? 6.6 hours of lecute videos.. that is crazy. unless you have had ages to do this but left it until the last minute? i have moot to do for law and i just can't be bothered studying for it. I'm only doing a minor and the moot is only 3 minutes so i am just not motivated at all. plus first year doesn't count in my country. maybe what you should do is say to yourself "i will watch a lecture for an hour and then have a break for an hour" do this until your finish all the videos. do the same sort of thing for the reading.
>>
>>16908403
Thank you, based Jigsaw.
>>16908417
I let two weeks worth of work pile up on me. Lab was canceled two weeks in a row and I fucked off instead of watching the lectures the professor uploaded in lieu of class. It's anatomy & physiology.
Thanks for the motivation.
>>
File: Mikespeech.jpg (9 KB, 468x268) Image search: [Google]
Mikespeech.jpg
9 KB, 468x268
>>16908420
>Jigsaw
I'm trying to help you anon but you're making it very hard for me now.
>>
>>16908420
They're giving you unreasonable work loads to study from. People can't learn that much that quickly.
>>
>>16908420
i know fuck all about them subjects but they sound hard to wing. my major is criminology and a lot it is quite easy to wing, i try to do all the work but i know guys that only attend one lesson a week and they are getting great grades.
>>
File: Muckin' about.png (262 KB, 830x710) Image search: [Google]
Muckin' about.png
262 KB, 830x710
>>16908420
100 pages of reading isn't too long though, depending of course on how much shit they try to squeeze in on each page. Are the videos and the reading related? You could try alternating between a video and then some pages. You should also take notes too, handwritten, not online, and they should be in your own words, not just copied from the text. You'll actually remember what you're watching and reading this way.

Just stay on track, it fucking sucks but it'll get better.
>>
>>16908428
Jig-senpai, I really admire your work and it makes me feel good to know you care about me.
>>16908429
>>16908436
It is a fucking lot and it's moving very fast. I'm going into physical therapy (as an assistant) so I have to know this shit and it's going so goddamned fast that I'm struggling to commit everything to memory but I'm trying. My motivation is weak but this is my last 8 weeks so I need to get serious again.
>>16908437
100 pages is pretty long for the material. It takes me about an hour to get through 7 pages. Each page has so much info + diagrams. I've really fucked myself with the reading, I'm just not going to be done by class Monday. The videos are related and I am taking hand written notes over them. This makes an hour of video take around 90 minutes to get through. I appreciate your advice, I just have to fucking DO IT. But I've wasted the 40 or so minutes since making this thread fucking off so obviously the problem is me and I'm not addressing it.
>>
>>16908471
1st thing is that it's not jigsaw it's fucking Mike god damn.

2nd thing is you need to block 4chan entirely for the rest of the weekend and get to work. If you say the reading takes an hour for 7 pages, I feel for you, but it seems like you aren't skimming. Do the videos first since you said they are related and you have a better chance of getting that done, then go to the reading and skim like a motherfucker. Look at the notes you just took and don't write down stuff that you already know from the Vids, look for the things you don't recognize. I wouldn't think you would need to write down ever single diagram in the book but if you really so then make a quick sketch that you can look at and understand, you don't need to go full Da Vinci.

Do you have a test or something on Monday?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.