[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends never around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
So I have two friends who I live with (we live in a house of 6, all friends), who are lately just barely around. One of them has been like this since we started our second year at Uni in September, who is basically never in the house, whipped by his gf and basically stays there with her. We've kinda gotten used to him not being around now

The other, i'm quite good friends with and he always reassured me he puts bro's before hoe's as it were and out of everyone in the house we hang out and play games the most. Lately however he's barely around and stays every night at his gf's, or with the other guy and his gf too as their gf's are good friends

Now i'm not opposed to people hanging with their girlfriends obviously. I have a girlfriend myself who I see about two times a week, three at most occassionally. But i'm not someone who needs to see her every bloody day. I think time apart and having time with your friends and not forgetting them is important. Otherwise they're being fucking idiots. I lose respect for people who forget their friends like that.

How can I resolve this?
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 900x900
Anyone? Surely someone can empathise with this.
>>
nobody likes a jealous little bitch

why don't you guys have big dinner parties with all the friends+gfs?
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 889x500
>>16908722
Sorry for wanting to actually spend time with my friends.

Haven't had much time this term since there is a lot more work and less money to do stuff with. I want to do something together like before some of us got girlfriends, but at least one of them is always a little bitch and goes crawling to his gf because she can't stand being away from him and thinks its weird if he hangs out with just the guys.

His girlfriend is honestly fucked in the head by the way.
>>
>>16908771
>Sounding more and more like a bitch.
>>
>>16908324
Talk to them about it, but beware that you might fuck things up. Nothing wrong with you OP some people are just way more clingy than others, i had this thing happening to one of my friends and it's annoying as fuck but you really can't do much about it

>>16908722
>why don't you guys have big dinner parties with all the friends+gfs?

Fuck this, OP is right, I want to play fighting games with my friends, not have stupid conversations in an awkward sort of triple date.
>>
>>16908324
>How can I resolve this?
What's to resolve? It's not your mother fucking life. Let them be ya selfish bastard.
>>16908670
Of course we can empathize. This is where the bros before hoes meme came from - from whipped men being whipped bitches for pussy.
>B-b-b--bbut I looove heeeeeerrrr
Yeah welcome to men. This is why I don't respect many members of my own gender - they have no fucking balls.

But on the flip side, your friends won't be marrying you and making babies with you. So of course they're going to have to slowly transition to a life split mostly with their wives. You'll get maybe 5% of their time when you're an adult. Maybe.

The trick is to find women for them that aren't shit tier. Shit tier women "need" a man and "need" him around all the time and "need" him to be there for her all the fucking time etc etc. Non-shit tier women can hang with the boys and also give space.
>>
>>16908324
>How can I resolve this?

Ask them to hangout obviously. Have you even asked? If their default mode is, "I'm gong to go spend the night at my girlfriend's house," then they're not going to get out of that unless you specifically ask them. I actually don't think you have a problem, unless you have actually asked them to hang out and they have repeatedly refused. Right now, they're just overlooking the fact that they're not spending time with you. Because honestly, people hang out at different rates and intervals, and if you're sad that your roommate friends aren't there, then you're going to have to adjust. But if they're start basically telling you to fuck off, then it's a problem you should confront them about.

So first, ask. Ask them to hang out.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x283
>>16908841
Exactly. I want time to spend with my friends without fucking girls around.

>>16908869
Yeah, this is primarily the case with one of them who's gf literally needs him around or she'll have some mental breakdown. Been plenty of times when she has stormed out of a social night with the whole house there.

The other friend is slowly transitioning into it. He'e always fucking "busy". I get what you mean, its adult life, you see your friends less etc. But I live with him. And I think its silly, both my gf and I respect eachothers space and know we like to have our own time spent with friends and that it's healthier to not be together 24/7.

>>16908909
I've tried the past two weeks with the friend of mine who is only recently becoming more whipped (lets call him S) and whilst to be fair, he said he had Uni work to catch up on a lot this week, every night he was always busy round his girlfriends. What annoyed me was the other night I messaged him asking him if he was free to watch a film (we're both really into movies) and all he replied with was "i'm busy" - no elaboration.
>>
>>16908951
Nice blog assburger
>>
>>16908959
Nice contribution redditor
>>
File: 1327318970561.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1327318970561.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>16908990
Keep blogging about inane shit
>>
>>16908992
If you're not gonna give advice in an advice thread, why are you here?
>>
>>16908995
Its not an advice thread, its a blogging thread by a avatarfag
>>
>>16908951
>both my gf and I respect eachothers space and know we like to have our own time spent with friends and that it's healthier to not be together 24/7.
Which is why you two will probably go on to lead a happy life of mutual respect and trust.... and your friend will live a life of getting cucked, treated like shit, and manipulated.

We all make choices and live with them.
>>
>>16909004
Is it not possible to try and help them though and convince them that his girlfriend is a fucking bitch who treats him like shit?
>>
>>16908324
Do they pay rent? If so, why do you care? They're your roommates not your siblings.
>>
>>16909159
Yeah they obviously don't agree. Let them live their lives. Why would you try to get involved in someone's relationship. Are you jealous? Sounds like you're jealous.
>>
>>16909176
They aren't just roommates, its not like they're strangers whom I don't know. They're friends of mine who i've grown close to over the past two years.
>>
>>16909183
Not jealous perse, I just care about my friends wellbeing and I want to be able to spend time with them. I am someone who appreciates the friendships I have.
>>
>>16909185
>>16909188
You're jealous dude.

They obviously don't feel the same way about their friendship with you, so why waste your time and emotional energy feeling this way about them?

Why would you want to spend feelings time with someone who wants to do something different? It would just be cheap and ingenuine.

You're getting older, so are your friends. Priorities change, so do relationships. Instead of whining about it to the internet, go and do your own life.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.