[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just quit 4Chan ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1452790124338.jpg (86 KB, 694x474) Image search: [Google]
1452790124338.jpg
86 KB, 694x474
This website is funny and has quite a bunch of messed up (cancerous) posts/people.

Should I just quit ?
>>
>>16907712

There is no real reason not to. It's a time sink. A way to pass time. Nothing horrible about it, just a comfortable waste of time with illusion of novelty.
>>
File: 136.png (7 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
136.png
7 KB, 300x100
>>16907712
>>
Honestly the only reason I still come here is to kill time while listening to music, because my other hobbies are either things that can't be done while listening to music, or reading, and reading starts to suck after hours of doing it.
>>
If you know how to use it, 4chan can be an insanely powerful tool for amassing knowledge.
>>
>>16907712
You're too serious man..

people come on 4chan to take a load off, post memes, feel together in a community, make fun of retards etc...

if its becomes your day job, you start to see how retarded this place can be.

time and place bro,,,
>>
>>16907748
Only on very, very specific subjects.
>>
>>16907743
Sure it is, faggot.
>>
>>16907748
I totally agree with this!!! And every day I want to kill myself rather than come on here again.
>>
What's wrong, boo?

Let me guess... uhhh... you are being "stalked" on 4chan letter threads?
>>
File: 1405405666140.png (469 KB, 650x457) Image search: [Google]
1405405666140.png
469 KB, 650x457
>>16907716
>Nothing horrible about it, just a comfortable waste of time with illusion of novelty.
couldn't have said it better myself
>>
If it's a big time sink, or if you think it's somehow affecting your life outside of the Internet in a way you don't like, then you might consider leaving this hell.

For example, my friend thinks I've become much more strongly opinionated (against progressives specifically) and that I simply shit all over things just because I can. She thinks I should leave this site because she thinks I'll become more mean
>>
>>16908061
why the fuck are you rambling your autist shit to girls in the first place dumbfuck

if coming here makes you MORE argumentative and annoying with people you actually know then you definitely need to stop coming here

it's only worth coming here if you use it to vent that shit you shouldn't be bugging real people with
>>
>>16908069
She usually asks me what my thoughts are on subjects like that. Like last week people wrote a bunch of violence and rape stats on the sidewalk with chalk on campus and she asked what I thought, and I told her a lot of them were either wrong or debunked, or were extremely broad so that anyone could fit into it

I actually get very little of this from here since I mainly go on /o/, she just figured out I go on here and believes it's the internet's asshole and so it's corrupting me
>>
File: 1451249450046.jpg (88 KB, 705x820) Image search: [Google]
1451249450046.jpg
88 KB, 705x820
>>16908085
I'm sort of like you, but I come on here for the perspective.
Every day we're fed one consistent story, have one consistent world view, and people get rattled if you bring up reconsidering it.

It's not so much "trying to be edgy", but it's a matter of "I can't help but want to see things from as many perspectives as possible"

4chan offers fucking truckloads of novel points of view- way more quickly and easily digestable than anywhere else. Everywhere else it's super formal, dignified, and an agenda gets pushed.

While on here, it's a fucking free for all. All opinions are worth the same, topics are only as popular and relevant as controversial and rage-inducing they are, and people don't use or need any filters.

It's like a bar where no one can punch each other, and you get the whole range of people; innocent new people/ outsiders, to the complete fucking degenerate.
Even when circlejerking happens, it disperses itself by people labelling points of views/ perspectives as "memes". The culture is constantly shifting and shitting on something new. It's constantly evolving.

4chan is kind of like a simulation of society that runs on 10000x the speed.
I fucking love/ hate it.
>>
>>16907712
>This life is funny and has quite a bunch of messed up (cancerous) people. Should I just an hero?

I DUNNO YOU FUCKING IDIOT, SHOULD YOU?
>>
>>16908085
>believes it's the internet's asshole and so it's corrupting me

She's sort of right, look at how tranny shit has spread across the entire website. That shit is born out of desperation and degenerates.
>>
>>16907712
>Should I just quit ?

Yes you should. And so should everyone else.

But the truth is that we cant. I spend about 8 hours a day here and I cant stop. This place is hell.
>>
>>16908200
That's cos there's nothing to replace it with. If it wasn't for 4chan, most of us would be on a forum or videogames, just as time wasting.
>>
>>16908114
This is somethibg else I like about it. I especially enjoy the anonymity, there's no reason to lie or fear of being open about our problems like we might be in real life. Of course, that means anyone can lie and anyone is free to ridicule you

>>16908171
Luckily I haven't been corrupted by the tranny and furry shit, I hope I never get to that point
>>
>>16908305
Yeah, you never really get anywhere. It's part of the reason why /adv/ sucks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.