[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i got her number she didnt get mine I texted her and she texted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: 1457579857943.jpg (65 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
1457579857943.jpg
65 KB, 512x768
i got her number she didnt get mine
I texted her and she texted back
Is this a good start?
>>
Next time this question comes up, don't ask someone else if this is a good thing.

Tell yourself "Fuck yeah, they dig me"

It seems retarded, but this sort of cocky confidence will alleviate nervousness, make you more playful/ fun to chat with, and make you stick out from the crowd of other "unsure guys"

Women very much don't like unsure guys, so always jump to the positive assumption every time.
>>
>>16906675
Not OP but I needed to hear this, thanks. I get really insecure because the girl I'm talking to is far beyond my attractiveness and I always feel like she is just replying to me to not be mean. One time I jokingly said something about bugging her all the time and she said "you don't bug me :)" I still wasn't even able to take that as a compliment lol. But yeah I will try this.
>>
>>16906675
What question?
>>
>>16906599
What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>16906599
No this is obviously bad
>>
Hell no
>>
>>16906675
I needed to hear this, thanks
>>
This happened to me a while ago. She was never the first to message. I stopped messaging, and the conversation died. But try it, OP. You don't have much to lose.
>>
>>16908677
Also she did reply back when she didn't have to
>>
>>16908813
Then I guess you have a better chance than me already. Go for it.
>>
>>16908887
What happened with your one?
>>
>>16908903
She hasn't initiated the conversation in weeks, so i don't even bother.
>>
>>16908910
Maybe you should be the one to initiate bro
>>
>>16909022
This. Don't pester, but if you just say a general "hey, what's up" then it's no big deal. If she doesn't answer then that may be a problem
>>
>>16909022
>>16908910 has probally initiated the convo few times. So I understand him if he lets it go. Why try to continue if you have to be the one who has always start the convo?
>>
>>16909076
>>16909092
Can't hurt to try again though
>>
>>16909632
????>>16909632
>>
>>16909632
So not good at all?
>>
>>16909712
Nope
>>
>>16910472
Oh come on, it may not mean she's interested in dating, but it's not a negative.
>>
>>16906599
Seems like you got her number from a third party. I bet her reply to your text was "who is this?"

The fact that you have different area codes doesn't help at all. Seems like you live in Hawaii while she lives in North Carolina.
>>
>>16906599
The filename tells me that you probably got this picture from this site, so it's not who you're actually talking to.
>inb4 obviously

Yeah, it's a good start, but it's way too early to tell if you're going to get anywhere.
>>
>>16906695
Don't ever think that a woman is too attractive for you. Believe me, you don't want those types that care about looks too much anyway, they're annoying as shit.

Have confidence. Let things progress naturally. Be friendly and fun. Don't be creepy. Flirt occasionally. Ask her if she wants to go out and do something fun. Start asking her questions about herself, her interests, her ambitions, her life, stupid shit, idgaf.
>>
>>16908910
I repeatedly initiated the conversations with the girl I was interested in. The trick is to be persistent enough without being annoying (which is fucking impossible to do). Ask yourself if you're being desperate and if you are, you're probably sending too many messages.

Anyway, long story short, we're together now. I asked her about my constant texting and she never once said it was annoying. Then she proceeded to show me several other strings of texts with other guys that are still texting her to this day that actually WERE annoying and weird.

Also, bring up the fact that she can feel free to text you whenever she wants a bit later down the line. If she genuinely likes you at that point, she will. If not, then, well, keep texting her if you're interested. If not, life is short. Move on.
>>
>>16911353
Things have been progressing alright, only problem is she is genuinely too busy to hang out most of the time which makes it hard. She has friends in college a few hours away she goes to visit often, for a few days, and if not that she's in class or at work. We did go out once a few weeks ago, it was innocent and ago little flirty but it went great, she said she wanted to hang out again soon. Only problem is I've invited her out 3 times now and each time she's been too busy and apologizes. But she still texts / snapchats me every day and we talk a lot, so I don't think she's avoiding me. I just don't know how many times I can ask before I start to feel like I'm being an annoying cunt lol
>>
>>16911819
I'm basically in this exact situation right now, holy fuck. Or, was, a couple weeks ago. Something always came up and I was getting worried, but legitimately, that's what it was; something just always came up. You're probably not being too annoying or she'd let you know somehow.
>>
>>16911819
She sounds genuinely busy. I know for sure the girl I'm going out with right now is. She wasn't even looking for a relationship or even had one before me, so we're doing a lot of her firsts. She and I are still trying to find a good balance between our time, school, friends and family, but she always makes time for us (and I her).

The hardest thing about us though is that she's going to med school next semester. I really want our relationship to last but I really doubt it will. I'm currently in grad school right now too and it's only going to get harder for the both of us. I'm almost to the point where I feel like we should break up after the semester ends and try again later if we both feel up to it. She really, really doubts (hell, even says outright) that she's going to date someone or even look at anyone when she's in med school and I believe her.

Life is really fun but rough sometimes anon...

Enough about me though. Have you tried asking when she would be free? Maybe she schedules everything and she might have some upcoming day available in a week or a month. If not, she probably just isn't that interested. I know it took me a good month or two of just random texting last year to get the girl I'm seeing now to want to even just "hang out". I asked her why she eventually took my offer and she said that it was because I kept being nice to her, baked her some goods for her birthday, etc that she wanted to return the favor.
>>
>>16911937
Sometimes they won't tell you. The girl that I'm with now has a couple of other guys that still text her. She keeps dropping hints saying that she isn't interested, but these guys are persistent. Most of the time, she won't reply back to them, but sometimes she does just to be nice (and because she has classes with one of them). I feel sort of bad for one of them cause we talk about how annoying he is over once in a while.

But yeah, if you genuinely ask if she thinks you're being annoying and she says of course not, then you're fine. Carry on and maybe she'll grow to like you even more.

Also keep in mind that nothing is wrong with you two just being friends if things aren't moving fast enough for you. I personally like to take things slow, almost to the point where they wonder whether or not I actually like them then THEY ask and initiate things.
>>
>>16911937
That's what I'm hoping. I'm in college and I've never really even dated before so I am kind of naive, but I think a few times she's flirted with me before. She'll send me cute selfies in the morning and other times when we talk. The times she's had to deny because of work she'll send me a snapchat of her at work on her break, etc.

>>16911943
That sounds rough, I'm sorry anon. We're both in the same community college so I hope we transfer somewhere similar but that's a few years down the line so I'm trying to focus on the present. And no, I haven't actually tried that yet. I've only tried 3 times and each times I just ask a few days in advance. I'd much rather talk to her in person about it but our class schedules conflict so it's hard to do. Definitely going to work on this next week though. I don't think she only hung out with me to be nice, because I hadn't really done anything for her in advance. We were just talking and I asked her and she said yes.
>>
>>16906675
>It seems retarded, but this sort of cocky confidence will alleviate nervousness
This. Do or die confidence is the most important quality in a world of lazy shit fucks. Be the man you want to fuck your woman.
>>
>>16912029
Are... are you me? The only difference with me is that she really bad at messaging, but in person she's always happy to see me and we have mad chats, so I trust that she is actually doing other thing she can't get out of or otherwise needs to do.

>>16911973
Trust me, been there, done that. At a certain point you don't want to get the hint and I still cringe at myself for it. No response is basically another way of letting you know it's going nowhere.
I have apologised when I thought I was being annoying before but she didn't say anything about it, but I asked if she wanted to do something that week and she agreed so I can't have been too bad I guess. I only ask maybe once or twice a week
And I'm alright with moving slow but I am on a time limit of sorts so I'm just trying to make and grab every opportunity I can for the time being. I've dilly-dallied before and missed out so I ain't letting it happen again because she's quite frankly amazing and I cannot let her slip through my fingers. I don't even know if she feels the same way about me, I'm just operating on intuition right now
>>
>>16912784
I'm pretty sure you are me, because she's not great at messaging either. She snapchats more than texts, granted, but yeah she always sends me pictures from the thing she's actually doing.

My main problem is trying to move forward if we hardly get to see each other. Like when can I finally start screenshotting her adorable selfies without looking like a creep? How much / often should I compliment her as opposed to being silly and joking? These things are tough for me
>>
This thread turned out to be cool
>>
>>16906599
Thread's a nice change of pace from the typical hivemind mentality men have about women that if she's not DTF within 2 hours she isn't interested and you should move on and find something better. Really glad this post was made too >>16906675

I've been trying to meet up with this girl from Tinder and shit keeps happening, and I'm doing my best not to take it personally when she rescheduled not once, but twice. Both times she seemed legitimately sorry and made an effort to plan again so I don't think it's totally screwed. But we'll see what happens.
>>
>>16906675
This pretty much. TOLD a girl, not asked that we should get lunch sometime this week, which she had to decline because of being out of town, but said she wanted to. Then STATED that it would be cool to get her number, instead of just asking for it. Most success I've had with a girl even if it was way out of my comfort zone.
>>
>>16912986
Screenshot a selfie and say "sorry, I had to keep that one". Who knows, something might come out of it!
>>
>>16912029
When she sends the selfies, does she post them just to you or does she share them on her story as well? Usually the exclusive selfies mean that she's probably a bit interested.

Honestly bro, just go for it. Once you feel like the time is right, just let her know you're interested in her and get it out. Holding it in for too long sucks.
>>
Slightly different, have a female friend trying to make me overhear she's seeing someone but wont really tell me that when i ask what she's doing
Overheard her say to a friend that the friend shouldn't have told me that she found someone
Is planning on dropping that guy

She overheard a bro and i talking about chicks who were into me

Wtf
>>
>>16913946
Oh man. I would love to, that sounds like a do or die kinda situation though. I'll have to think of it a little and do it when the time's right. Not a bad idea though.

>>16913957
Just me as far as I know. She doesn't post a whole lot to her story, and sometimes the selfie comes with a reply to something I said / her telling me something in a video / etc. And I'm trying man, It's just that I wanted to be able to tell her in person instead of over the Internet but she's always working or out of town or in class. The other anon had a good idea though, tomorrow I'll ask her about her schedule for the whole week to get a better idea instead of just asking like 2 or 3 days before. Holding it in is killing me, I don't want to do it anymore. That happened to me once before when I was much less confident and it ended very bad for me. I don't want to repeat the past y'know.
>>
File: 1456939540104.png (645 KB, 778x451) Image search: [Google]
1456939540104.png
645 KB, 778x451
>>16912986
Man, I know that feel. We've gotten to the point where we both talk about how much we enjoy spending time with each other, interspersed with joking and being silly. I'd honestly say just go for that if you don't feel confident enough to actually make a "proper" move. She'll at least find it flattering and hopefully try harder to make time to see you more often. On my end, she's changing her plans so we can do something this coming weekend, which has never happened before. Fingers crossed for both myself and you
>>
>>16914214
That anon that told you to ask for the schedule was me, the same anon.
>>
>>16914733
Sounds like you're a step ahead of me, godspeed anon. I haven't been able to get her to cancel or take the day off work but hopefully we'll get a chance soon. I believe in you!

>>16915501
Ah ok, well thank you for the advice then!
>>
>>16906675
Thank you man, I needed this.
>>
>>16913333
nice quads btw, but I dont think things are gonna work out with that girl.

A lot of girls use tinder because they like the attention and satisfaction of being liked by others and told theyre pretty.
>>
>>16913185
I agree

>>16916393
dank memes

>>16915983
I guess, but it is mostly just planning. I asked Thursday for this coming Friday and her other plans weren't solidified yet. So yeah, listen to the other anon haha. Best of luck to you, you seem like an alright giy and I'd honestly really like for you to succeed.
>>
>>16916662
Thank you, I really just genuinely enjoy her company so it'd really suck if I got shot down after making it this far lol. Good luck with you as well, we're all gonna make it senpai
>>
>>16916381
Hard to say. I already met up with one off Tinder but she stopped responding for some reason. My friend got an LTR off of Tinder though, so I am open to anything. Though if she cancels again, I might give it up.
>>
File: 1456091230187.gif (29 KB, 434x332) Image search: [Google]
1456091230187.gif
29 KB, 434x332
>>16916752
Again, exact same boat, which is why I'm especially nervous. We're in this together
>>
>>16917306
Like you said man, if she was annoyed by you she'd let you know it. I screencapped your reply about her probably just being actually busy because that's what happened to you, because it gave me much more hope haha.

It's kinda funny because I was going to ask her to hang out this week but now I'm the one that's busy, I have work and then I'll be out of town for 3 days
>>
>>16917525
Hey, glad I could help. Funny how things work, isn't it? I'm sure you'll have other opportunities. In fact I'd say you should still ask her for next week. Mention that you'll be busy for a few days but after that you'd like to do something.
>>
>>16911426
Hey, thanks for the advice. It's been some time since I don't talk to her, but I'm going to later.
>>
>>16906675
know that i really like you anon, great post
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.