[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ Not really sure if this is the right board for this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (879 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
879 KB, 245x400
Hey /adv/

Not really sure if this is the right board for this. But I was wondering is it retarded that biggest dream is to get married and be able to support my family? I'm a male, who lives in Virginia but my roots are more or less in the south, not inbred. Idk any of you fags have the same type of dream?
>>
I think it's kind of sad, to be honest. Not sad as in pathetic, but actually sad that you don't think there's anything more that you want in life other than a family. Surely there's got to be more you want to do in life? Or does your goal just seem so impossible?
>>
File: image.gif (77 KB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
77 KB, 375x346
>>16906536
Wait I didn't mean it was impossible. Just a goal something to look forward to. I got clinical depression, diagnosed. It helps me from wanting to kill myself.
I also wanna get rich
>>
I have the same thing. I wouldn't describe it fully as a dream. As I expect it to happen. But it's certainly up there in importance. I'd perfect to be able to have a good enough job that I can spend a lot of time with them. But 8 hours a day is fine.
>>
>>16906543
Well that's different then. It's just that the way you were talking was like all you thought you could possibly achieve was that goal.
>>
That's maybe the most honorable and legit dream you can possibly have OP. Big respect from me.
>>
>>16906526
Nothing wrong with it at all. Every philosopher, holy man, and generally wise dude through history has expounded upon the goodness of the simple life, especially Epicurus,who's highest good in life was pleasure, spoke of how crucial it was to be simple, uninvolved in ambitious pursuits or politics, and among friends and loved ones as much as possible to have the least amount of suffering in our short lives.

>>16906536
I pity this man, who places all hopes on achievement, victory, and uncontrollable events, when what he needs for a pleasant life is probably already with him, or easily attainable.
>>
File: spongebob.gif (345 KB, 328x184) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.gif
345 KB, 328x184
>>16906574
I agree with you, my man.
>>
>>16906526
My husband told me he had this since he was a little kid. He reached his goals. We have a 5 room apartment which we live in with our three kids. We live very comfortable and can afford high quality food, occassionally dinner out, clothing and nice extras like games and tvs for us and toys for the kids while saving for our own house.
>>
>>16906592
I don't agree with you entirely. There are more things that we can leave behind than our family. Lessons, inventions, buildings, memes, stories, inspiration, statues, human relations, alliances and friendships, just to name some examples.
>>
>>16906536
>sad that you don't think there's anything more that you want in life other than a family
It's sad that you think there is anything else more to life than having family. Nothing you think of which is more to life than family will remain. Nothing. Everything will be over at some point and nothing will remain except the family you might or might not have made.
Then when you get to the age of 40-50 reality will hit you fucking hard, if you really thought there was more than this.
>>
File: scout x2.png (354 KB, 495x539) Image search: [Google]
scout x2.png
354 KB, 495x539
>>16906592

Why did you delete your post? I'm curious.
>>
No, just as it isn't retarded that some other people have different dreams.

Having a family is, frankly, pretty close to the bottom of my list, but the reason for that is to give me more time to dedicate to the well-being of a larger number of people.

Is that retarded? No. You might not agree with it or want it for yourself but that doesn't make it retarded.
>>
File: image.png (202 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
202 KB, 750x1334
>>16906607
It wasn't anything bad. He probably changed his mind or some shit

>pic related is it

>>16906609
Good point
>>
Kinda.I think the MGTOW website sums it up pretty much:

>Happiness is a man who protects and cares for his family, goes forth and
>conquers, gives of himself for a greater cause, and ensures his legacy – because
>that’s what he was made to do. He doesn’t fear resistance, turbulence, or
>commitment, because his masculine frame turns resistance into rise, finds
>sustenance in turbulent waters, and relies on the steadfast roots of commitment to
>provide stability for himself and safety for those he vowed to protect.

Thing is, i need a reason to keep striving, and one good reason would be to support a family. I also believe the hardships of life would be much easier to conquer if i had a soulmate who supported me and believed in me.
>>
>>16906607
he probably cringed at the word "soulmate" like the rest of us
>>
>>16906598
>Lessons, inventions, buildings, memes, stories, inspiration, statues, human relations, alliances and friendships
You really think you leave those things behind?
Nope, bro, quit dreaming. Ever been on eBay and saw how people sell shit they found on their attic? Ever saw what happens when someone old dies, and how their house get disbanded and how all of their personal belongings, photos of family and friends, letters, souvenirs from traveling etc land in the trash bin?
Your friends will die eventually, and if you die and even HAVE family you can consider yourself lucky if your grandchildren will care. Eventually if your grandchildren are no more, you will be forgotten forever an will leave nothing behind but your own descendants. Do you really live in a dreamworld where you think you'll actually leave something behind when you die?
Nobody will remember nor care what building was created by whom. And eventually it will be demolished to make room for something new. Same with statues. Lessons will die with the people who learned them an will be forgotten. Look at our history. Relations and all the other stuff will also die with them.
Inventions won't matter when there are new ones replacing them. No one will remember or care about them anymore.
And so on...
>>
>>16906607
Made some grammar corrections. See new post here.
>>16906604
>>
>>16906609
>Is that retarded?
Well I don't think it's retarded and never said so. But I simply think there is ultimately anything more to life than having family. Of course on the way to this ultimate goal you can do lots of things, like the ones in your example. But be aware they won't remain. Nothing will remain but the future generations you might or might not create.
>>
File: drake.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>16906526
>But I was wondering is it retarded that biggest dream is to get married and be able to support my family?
They're your dreams my friend; don't let anyone tell you they're retarded. Listen to their points, but you have to make that decision.

That being said, I'm very distrustful of marriage and even more distrustful of having children with a woman. Marriage: A man spending thousands of dollars in extra fees to lock his cock up to a woman who will fuck him less and expect more over time for the sole sake of giving females security. I mean really homie what the fuck is in it for you? I hate the idea of having to enter a legally binding contract with the GOVERNMENT (because they're soooooo good at.. well anything right?) to assuage a woman's insecurities about commitment.... Uh ok.

Plus, women are such hypocrites about it. Watch: Ask a woman if she would take a paternity test for your each of your children and see what the fuck happens. Women will expect you to "commit" by involving the government and wasting money for their feelings...but they get all offended if you ask them to take a $100, easy test to make sure you're not getting cuckolded. Why do they have a problem? "Because you don't trust meeeee~~~~" OH OK kind of like you don't trust me without me putting a ring on it riiiiight? Eugh.

Yet I always hear women defending against this logic by saying:
>b-b-b-b-but some men WANT to get married!
and I'm thinking... men want commitment... and kids... and a family... but there are men who want *MARRIAGE*? WHY?

And yet here you are, wanting marriage. WHY?
>>
>>16906672
Because I want to wake up everyday to the same person
>>
>>16906719
And you need a government sanctioned contract to do that because....?
>>
>>16906721
It is the proof of your love and before everything else your commitment.
Times are not always golden and this is the least you can do as a promise for not leaving with the first opportunity you get. And still you can divorce.
>>
>>16906721

I just wanna ring desu
>>
>>16906741
>It is the proof of your love
Shouldn't proof of love be the love itself not a material object championed by De Beers, a commercial for profit company?
> is the least you can do as a promise
So my actual promises aren't enough, but a material object is? Sounds ass backwards to me!
>>16906746
Are you male or female and why desu
>>
>>16906719
>no woman will stay with me if I don't marry
It's much more common in my part of the world (Scandinavia) to not marry or have financial agreements like that. I don't recall the stats bit it's more than 50% I believe. It works. They have similar success rates to married people. Slight bias towards breaking up after the kids are gone because there's a portion of them who aren't doing it voluntarily.

Of course stats get complicated because there's no process. But there's a legal thing you can sign that I don't recall what it does. (they taught us this in 8th grade, sickos. making us feel like the end was coming)
There's some laws that guarantee you can't just throw someone out of your house/apartment immediately but what's yours is yours.

Sounds like the best non-coercive type of relationship to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>16906754
I'm a man, and idk honestly I just want one

>>16906755
I honestly think calling someone wife, would be a lot more romantic/sexy than girlfriend or any other term. That's probably just me tho
>>
>>16906770
>Willing to enter into a legally binding contract and give up monetary and physical rights in order to get a shiny object
Sometimes.... I wonder about you people.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 587x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 587x480
>>16906776
>pic related is me
>>
>>16906755
Correction. I found my source. Approx 50% of people are in relationships where they live with each other in some way. 14% of those with children are in a relationship as described before.
>>
>>16906770
>calling someone wife
So why does that have to involve marriage? Anon you seem a bit bias for reasons you're not mentioning. Your mind is set then.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.