[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I might be about to lose my job over self-inflicted health problems.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 495x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 495x181
I might be about to lose my job over self-inflicted health problems.

What are my rights in something like this?
>>
Laws are applicable to your state. Check the Internet. Assuming you're in the US, and annotated code of your states laws should be freely available. Look for things involving wrongful firing. Although if they were self inflicted and are preventing you from working, it'll be tough man. Good luck.
>>
>>16905774
>right to work state
no rights

But really, depends on what you mean. Self-inflicted like you put yourself in the hospital cause you took pills or are an alcoholic? Probably fucked.

Although some places will allow you to stay if you seek treatment.
>>
>>16905786
It doesn't really PREVENT me from working but I understand how the whole perpetual flu and randomly dripping blood is probably a health risk, considering I handle food packages.

>>16905796
Self-harm. I've got cuts on my ankles and legs that keep rubbing open under my clothes, and like 3-5 of them are always kind of inflamed.
>>
>>16905818
>self harm
If you work in customer service or around clients or it is creating an unsafe work situation for your peers (blood exposure) then you're fucked. Again, you may be able to play the mental health card, but you have to be actively seeking treatment for it and even then, most states your employer doesn't need a good reason to fire you.
>>
>>16905818

Stop cutting yourself, put a bandage on them and let them heal. Request a desk job until you can get over your flu prolong as needed.
>>
>>16905838
>request a desk job
TOPKEK
>>
>>16905834
I don't work with customers, but blood exposure is probably an issue.

I'm not an american. Does it count if there are no mental health things available?

>>16905838
I don't have any real education, I do my job because it's the only thing I'm qualified for. I couldn't work at a desk for this pay.

I don't really cut anymore. Those things just don't heal.
>>
>>16905864
Take antibiotics?
>>
>self-harm

you have no rights you cunt
>>
>>16905864
>those things just don't heal

Yes they do, dude. Get to a fuckin' doctor.
>>
>>16906603
What can they do?
>>
I think its gross theres laws that defend you, if you can't do the work then you can't do the work, nerd.
>>
>>16905774
No laws to defend you. You are a threat to yourself and others. Theres no reason for them to keep you around. You reflect poorly on the company.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.