[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I don't come here often but I have a dilemna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1264534177518.gif (249 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1264534177518.gif
249 KB, 320x304
Hi /adv/,

I don't come here often but I have a dilemna with my girlfriend.
She has been getting more and more into SJW stuff and I can't find myself giving a shit about it. We've been dating for 2 years and, while I've understood her points, she has just become more active and I've been finding it difficult to give a fuck.
Everytime we discuss these matters, she cries.

What do?
>>
>she has just become more active

How, though? Like does she actually do substantial things to help these causes, or does she just talk about it all the time and scold people for making "offensive" comments?
>>
>>16905592
Both. She goes to more events hosted by groups, asks me to come along, etc.
Shit comes up every day.
>>
>>16905598

Try to work out some kind of compromise, maybe. Agree to go to an event with her every now and then, if she agrees to try not to "bring it home with her" and let politics wreck the mood when you're trying to spend time with her.

I mean, really at the end of the day it's just usual relationship stuff. Your partner has interests that you don't really care about, you go along with it a little bit just for the sake of sharing with them, and ideally they do the same for you
>>
>>16905613
While we do share a lot of other hobbies, my main concerns are that
A) this is her main passion
B) if I tried to discuss it less, she may take it as an attack on her identity.

I'll try it anyway. What have I got to lose?
>>
>>16905618

>she may take it as an attack on her identity

I mean, you're not obligated to devote your life to politics. And you're not obligated to agree with her on everything. If she can't be reasonable about that, that's a problem

>>16905598

>She goes to more events hosted by groups

So that's a "no" to the question "does she actually do substantial things to help these causes," lol
>>
>>16905579
She's been soiled, OP. The deeper she goes, the more extreme her unreasonable hatred of men will become. Run while you still can.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.