[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short study deadline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: a07img10.gif (22 KB, 439x301) Image search: [Google]
a07img10.gif
22 KB, 439x301
Last monday I received a mail where I was told I was selected to perform a technical test next monday. So, I basically had seven days to study all of my stuff. The topics?

>Calculus I and II (differential and integral calculus)
>Probability
>Elementary differential equations
>Linear algebra
>Classic real analysis

On monday I tried to schedule what I'd study each day. That got thrown out of the window - I overextended probability for three days, especially because it was lengthy and I couldn't wrap my head around some subjects (for the record I did study all of that, but I haven't really used most of these since I passed the classes, which I did several years ago).

I'm basically trying to review everything, and friday is almost over and I don't know what to do. I'm down with probability and calculus, but I feel this is a huge task for me to undertake and I really want to enter this workplace. I'm reading differential equations and trying to wrap all the formulas and such and I'm afraid I will never be able to remember everything.

What can I do in such cases? Any advice before next monday?
>>
>>16905272
I'd love to help you anon, but mathematics was never my strong suit. History was my love in school.

So here's a bump to see if there's anyone willing to help you, that can help you.
>>
>>16905408
Thank you. I'm just trying to get some help on technical tests regarding this level of math, or how to cope with such low deadlines.
>>
Sounds like you don't have much of a chance, but you'll learn better by doing than by reading. Find practice problems wherever you can (not hard to find, especially on uni math dept websites) and fumble your way through them.
>>
7 days? guess you already have a background in mathematics as there is no way you'd cram all that in within 7 days. You got course books?

find out what the questions are on the technical test.. if you can't, find out who issues the test, search for others that have taken the test and what they said.
>>
>>16905497
>>16905524
It's not that I don't know anything, but rather I don't remember many concepts because they went unused for half the time I studied. I can't find anything about who has issued the tests, hell I can't find who works here at all except for the HM.

I have no course books. I have already skimmed over probability, and at least I know I'm going strong in derivatives and integrals. First order differential equations are easy enough, but upon seeing second order ones I was wondering where I should stop and apparently I should be done once I check on linear differential equation systems. Then I've got linear algebra, of which I remember some few things. Real analysis... Limits are easy, but I still gotta remember series, and oh, I must work on combinatories.

Maybe I should focus more on exercises than theory?
>>
uh yeah. thought i'd bookmarked a exercise/solutions page to thomas' stuff but can't find it. its out there in full pdf, along with others like larson if you search.

try getting you hands on stroud, thomas, schaum exercises online, or as said, there's plenty of exercises online to work through. maybe watch a load of khan academy videos and find related exercises and just stick to knowing the basics of each. chain rule, inter by parts etc. hard to really specify without having a clue what the test questions are. what's the company? they must have some standard test out there. but if you can't find go to the library and grab a general calculus book.
>>
>>16905588
Evalueserve. They're a huge company, they probably do. That's a good idea, I'll try to google it, thank you! I don't know what the questions are, they just specified the topics.
>>
http://www.jobduniya.com/Placement-Papers/Evalueserve/

quick search, might be bogus/charge. probably more out there.
>>
>>16905615
I was looking for that, thank you VERY much!!! I had no idea I could find things like this at all!! I will do some more research, and see what I can find!!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.